Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

What type of truck box should I put on my 07?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Default What type of truck box should I put on my 07?

Silverado? Had a single lid box on the 99. Looked at 2 separate lids and low profile but not sure which way to go. What do you guys have? thanks for the help.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:29 PM
TruckForum Addict

imop i like the one lid as i get in and out of mine about 10 times a or more a day for work
i like them due to the fact you dont have to search around for something in the middle of the box you can just open it up and bam its right there with nothing ie a middle suport for teh 2 lid
i like the low profile cause you can see more out of your back window then with a normal but i like both styles
also deeper is better fro more storage but if your not gonna store alot in it go with one that is not as deep
dee zee makes some pretty darn good ones as wells as tractor supply or tough guy tool boxes and i think northern tool and equip sells them as well
i guess it all depends on what you are going to use it for

i also like the aluminum diamond treaded toolboxes as they look good and dont rust as easy as steel plus you can shine them up real nice

Old 07-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Default Truck box

Seems we think alike. on the 99 I had a higher box and it did limit some view. Also like the single lid for the same reason. I only store like a jack, mower tools and stuff like that. One lid, low profile might be what i go with. I like the shine part also hopefully ill be able to put a box on it and new step bars to give it some finishing touch stuff. I missed the steps on the 99 when they rusted thru. thanks for the input.

Attached Thumbnails What type of truck box should I put on my 07?-07-silverado-haul-truck.jpg  
Old 08-01-2011, 12:51 PM

I have a single lid, above the rail cross bed tool box on my Chevy, and a single lid below the rail cross bed box on my GMC. Both work well.

The GMC box is mounted on rails inside the pick up box, and can be slid all the way back to the tail gate. By leaving the tail gate closed and opening the tool box, you have complete access to the entire tool box. Plus it's just below the bad rail height, so you can also have a hard or soft tonnau cover on the truck without interference.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:10 PM
TruckForum Addict

yep i like those too just dont get how it wont slide around when your driving
anyway i have aluminum diamond shaped bed rail protectors they look good with my tool box sad this is thow the aluminum for the bed rail protctor lost its shine and takes along time to reshine

Old 08-02-2011, 12:46 AM

I have a single lid 'Weatherguard' box in my 2007 Silverado, that doesn't go over the rail and bolts to the floor inside the bed. I really like it and bought a similar box for my lowered '95.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by cubpak89
yep i like those too just dont get how it wont slide around when your driving
It locks into place at various intervals along the track via a set of spring loaded pins, and can also be locked in at any point on the track via large thumb wheels on either side.

I've had about 400 lbs in the box, and it never moved. I was able to slide it to the back when I wanted to, though.
The slider box is aluminum diamond plate, and comes with a special lock cylinder that keys itself to your ignition key, too.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:18 PM
TruckForum Addict

cool deal i carry recovery tools in mine like tow straps hooks chains jacks and jack stands stuff like that as i get calls in the am often to come pull people out of ditches or help change tires