Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Worst Accident ever? Tell us!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:17 AM
Default Worst Accident ever? Tell us!

I want to hear your accident stories.

I have a few good ones. As stated in another post, I slammed into the back end of a pickup truck on my bike going about 50mph. Miraculously, I seemed to be fine, but I ended up in the bed of this guy's pickup truck, and my poor bike was a twisted wreck at the bottom of a steep embankment. That was a fun one.

Wreck #2 happened 6 months later. My brother decided in his infinite wisdom that it would be fun to go 'parking lot drifting' witha 93 Chevy Astro van. Like a complete dip****, I agreed and off we went. After a few failed attempts at getting that heavy bastard van sideways, we determined we needed more speed. Hitting a curb full on at 30mph while going sideways isn't fun, especially when your head richochets off the B-pillar like a frickin carelessly thrown bouncy ball. The van toppled over, I somehow got the steering wheel shoved halfway up my ***, and I had numerous cuts and abrasions. My frickin brother on the other hand, el douchebag himself, doesn't have anything but a confused look on his face. His confusion stemmed from looking out the smashed windshield at a world that had literally turned upside down. Total damage assesment: The frame had buckled in one spot, turning loose a chunk of steel that would have severed my foot had I not been so damn fortunate to be not wearing a seatbelt, and being instead flung about like a damn rag doll.
Our mother was not pleased with what we had done to her van.

Wreck #3 was caused by a goddamned rabbit, believe it or not. You'd be shocked to realize just how much of a jolt to an old car's suspension a 30lb rodent can cause. My cousin and I were merrily casting ourselves along a nearly deserted stretch of roadway 20 miles outside of the tri-cities in Eastern Washington in a beat up 1977 Toyota Celica GT. Again, being the brainless type, we decided that more speed was somehow neccesary to enjoy ourselves more. Speed = enjoyment apparently. Well, we were midway through a top speed run, or what passed for one in the clunker POS we were piloting, and this tiny dot appeared to rise from the pavement. BAM!!!! In a noise I cannot describe to you, the right front tire hits something and blows out, sending us into a spin, through a guardrail (which hardly slowed us at all, btw) and into a field that was blessedly clear of trees. By the time the dust had settled, and we were clearly not moving anymore, we assesed the situation, and inspected the crash markings. There was at least 100-110 yards between the point of impact and our final resting spot in the field, and a few of those yards were clear of markings, indicative at least to me, that we must have been airborn for some time.

The good Lord does indeed take care of fools and drunks. I am of the fortunate standing of being a cardholding member of both these titles. There is no other explaination.

There are more stories, but I shall refrain from telling them as of yet. I might fall under the unfortunate, castigative, and judgementaleye of moderation, and be forever labeled as a 'dumb punk kid' with no respect for laws or personal property.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Default RE: Worst Accident ever? Tell us!

WOW! When I read that post I was laughing so hard the guys at work wanted to know what I was laughing at so I showed it to them. lol. We were all dying.
That drifting story reminds me of one time when my cousin was dared to take his dads Astro van 4-wheeling, yet another dumb idea. To make a long story short the van ended up in the lake covered half way up the doors in water and mud. Needless to say my uncle was pissed.

I have never really been in any serious accident knock on wood. Knock knock knock. But I have had one very embarrassing moment in a car so here goes.
1) My senior year I had been seeing this girl from our rival school just down the road for a couple of weeks. At the time my wrestling team was ranked #3 in the state while her school was ranked #1. Well that Friday was the meet for the conference title. To avoid a longer story she came to watch, we won, and we all headed to a friends house for a big party (she was with me) to celebrate. After the party I went to take her home and it was a freakin blizzard. I had dropped her off and was pulling out, then it happened my DAD’s car started sliding then BOOM, everything stopped. I tried to pull forward and nothing happened. When I opened the door I realized that I had slid the back of the car off the side of the driveway and was now hanging 6 ft in the air. I then had to jump out of the car into a pile of snow and go back up to their house, tell her parents, who a barely knew, what I had done and call a buddy (who was still at the party and told everyone) to come pull me off. Super embarrassing! Luckily no damage Idk how but I drove the car home and it was fine, never any issues. Somehow I talked her dad into letting her ride with me again after that and to this day we are still together. It has now become the big joke that our families bring up all the time.
2) I as well have a curb story. I slid my Saturn SC2 into a curb one night when it was raining going about 20, bent the knuckle, the tie rod end, destroyed the wheel, and crinkled the sub frame. Not a fun or cheap fix. Watch for those curbs they will jump up and bite ya. But if it wasn’t for the curb it would have been a light pole.

GREAT TOPIC! Keep up the good work Major.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:35 AM

I've got a curb one also. I had a 97 Mustang GT with a few grand into it. I was going around a s curve with a slow *** truck in one lane and me in the other. I decided that truck was going to slow so I push in the clutch drop it into 1st give it some gas and let go of the clutch. Well I got sideways and let off but then hit it again and started the slide. I wentover a square curb passenger side first didnt seem do do much to the car. About a month later it throws a back brake pad. I mean It came out of the caliper. It would throw a pad about every month or so.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:17 AM

1. Well me and 3 friends were in a volvo sedan, the sporty 4 door ones, now sure exactly what kind. We were up in the middle of no where.....and i mean up there, where there arent police, fire departments, nothing. Well it was in December, and we are cruising down a windy dirt road. The kid whos driving isnt the smartest, and going around a long corner, he accelerates the car. As we start drifting, you could just tell it was gonna suck. The front of the car went off the road into a ditch, flipped end over end onto a big enbankment, and flipped once more to land upside down in the ditch. It was snowing out, we had no service, and once we all managed to climb outa that car, it was pitch black. After some walking in the snow on a pitch black road, we got ahold of the staties, and they came about an hour later. I didnt have any injuries besides some whiplash from flying all over. We were all wearing out seatbelts, so the worst injuries was some bruises, and some bad cuts. It was insane when the car started to flip, it seemed like it was a dream, untill we came back down and hit the ground. The cars roof was pushed in onto our heads, 3 windows smashed, no front bumper, could see in to the engine, and only my door could be opened. We all got real lucky.

2. This one is short and sorta funny. Driving with my girlfriend going home, we were at a 3 way stop. She doesnt pay much attention when driving which is why im scared to drive with her. Well to make a long story short she pulled right out in front of a motorcycle. The guy plowed into my door and i got to watch his face as he hit the car, bounced off, and bounced on the ground. The funny part is, she looked at me and asked me if she hit something. She had no idea she even hit him, and i had to tell her she hit a guy on a motorcycle. The guy was completely fine, and i did try and tell my girlfriend to stop, but she didnt even notice me saying it. I wont drive with her much anymore, and pay alota attention at stops if i do end up driving with her.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:01 AM

I have three adolescent stories, only one of which involves a girl.

1. The first accident ever, (this is why curfews are bad).
Car: 96 (I think) Ford Aspire.
Owner: My grandparents
Nickname: “The Grape” (It was round and purple)
Story: My Father was tough on curfews. He basically would lock me out of my house at 12:01 AM on a weekend and 10:01 PM during the week. So, I am seeing this blonde from my school who had an amazing rack and since she was on the swim team she shaved everywhere! So I go to her place and patiently wait for her parents to go to bed. Well they decide to stay up late to “spend quality time with us” while I’m waiting for their asses to get to bed to get some action before I go home. Waiting, waiting, waiting, clock rolling to 11 PM now and I lived 20 minutes away. Sh*t! Finally at around 11:20 they head to bed, I literally grab her and throw her on the couch and did what I had to do. BUT I had to “get her going first”, Sh*t! I was freakin 16, I only needed like 5 minutes tops! Lol. Ok well 15 minutes later I’m in, about 5 after that….pants up and out the door! Now it’s 11:45. Time to see what that POS can do. Oh, sh*t it raining! Ok not to worry. Windy road at 55 mph (speed limit 25 mph), no problem. Off ramp to highway at 40 mph screeching tires, no problem. Not slowing down for the nearly 90 degree turn onto highway……BAM! Hello Jersey barrier! Took the bumper and headlight completely OFF! Now I’m throwing pieces of car in the trunk at midnight in the middle of the highway. Spent the night at my buddy’s house, (I knew my father had already locked my house up). I tried to pass it off as a deer until my father realized there was no hair and the hood was ok. Plus deer aren’t covered with “caution yellow” paint which he found on the fender. Quote from my Dad: “What the hell? Was the deer driving a freakin taxi cab?” Never was able to borrow that car again.

2. The first accident in my own car.
Car: 77 Ford Granada (no power steering, brakes and it was a 4 speed manual)
Owner: Me
Nickname: The Grenade
Story: This car was straight as an arrow and clean. Not a dent just needed some TLC. Just learning to drive the damn thing and it wasn’t easy. Getting used to the manual clutch and pumping the brakes all the time. Going to work and getting onto the highway where there is a yield sign before you get on. The little Toyota pickup in front of me decides that at the last minute it can’t make it in front of the slow moving semi coming up the hill. He slams on the brakes, I slam on my brakes, the old Ford just said “ha ha ha NOPE!” BOOM! Right into the back of him! Pushed his bumper up under the bed and knocked his taillight out. Damage to my car, broken turn signal and small dent in fender. (Hell of a car huh?) So we both pull off at the next gas station. I am fuming! I am so mad at him and at myself for assuming he was going to go. Two guys get out, pretty big guys and I’m a whopping 160 lbs at age 17. “Oh sh*t”. Then I get out, and just as I go to say something the passenger speaks…. “Are you ok sweetie?” in the gayest voice ever! I’m like “Oh, no, no, no! I liked it better when I was afraid they would kill me!” Hands on his hips and going off about being late to the salon I all the sudden wasn’t mad anymore, I just wanted to get the hell out of there. It was weird, he is rubbing his “buddies” back and being all…..like gay, like that and I didn’t know if I wanted to scream, laugh, or run away! So we exchange information (from a distance!) and low and behold my father shows up. It took him 5 minutes to figure it out and he just started laughing.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:36 AM
TruckForum Addict

If we were to ever have a truck meet, remind me not to ride with any of you boneheads!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:44 AM

If we had a truck meet, why would you ride with anyone, wouldn't you bring your truck? Lol.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:53 AM

As long as you dont ram any silly boy smashers in the rear everthing would be ok LOL [sm=love.gif][sm=laughat.gif]

Im sorry I had to try and give you some sh*t on that one LOL!!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:57 AM

Thats ok, I expected it! Lol. Haven't seen them since, maybe I scared them away!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:00 AM

these are some awesome stories!! i have only ever been in one fender bender that really didnt do much to my truck but wreck the hell out of the little ford focus.... Knock on wood! lol

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Quick Reply: Worst Accident ever? Tell us!