Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst Accident ever? Tell us!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Default RE: Worst Accident ever? Tell us!

The story he told me may have been faulty because how could you stand to drive with that noise for a week.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:24 AM
TruckForum Addict

The fact of the matter is, if you break the seal of the bead loose on the lip of the rim, the tire IMMEDIATELY deflates 100%. So while I don't wanna call your dad a liar, I think it's possible whomever he spoke to that "fixed" the problem fed him some garbage.

Anyways, back to the Worst Accident Ever stories.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:51 AM

Well, knock on wood, i only been in 1 accident, and it weren't really bad. I was probably in my 20's, had my 1982 Chevy pickup and i'm tooling on home and the road i took, almost at the end, is a fairly good sized incline/decline, depending which direction yer going obviously. Well, i had my tunes on and i crest this hill, start going down it, more so in the middle of the road and i musta been in a daze or just not thinking about anything, and suddenly theres a small car coming up the hill more or less in the middle. Well it startled the both of us, he got over into the bank as far as he could to avoid me, and i paniced and just stomped the brakes, and just slid into him and pushed him further into the banking. Come to find out, i knew the driver. The driver of the car ended up with a broken wrist, his passengers were fine, as was i. Cops showed up, and nothing ever came of it, i believe the cops said we were both at fault, as i also knew the town cop who did the report. My truck, i drove off, but only had about 1 mile to go to my house, as the tie rod on the drivers side was bent, but i was able to limp it home. I can't remember how much damage there was but when they got all the parts and etc and had it in the shop, they found out the frame was bent in 3 different places. It got fixed but i got rid of it shortly after. Jim

Old 03-30-2008, 04:09 PM
TruckForum Addict

Uh oh.... I hope the grammar **** doesn't see this post. LOL!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:06 AM

No 72 your fine I agree with you but it was not my dad anyway. It was my friends dad. But like you said back to more stories. This is good stuff.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 AM

The fact of the matter is, if you break the seal of the bead loose on the lip of the rim, the tire IMMEDIATELY deflates 100%. So while I don't wanna call your dad a liar, I think it's possible whomever he spoke to that "fixed" the problem fed him some garbage.

Anyways, back to the Worst Accident Ever stories.
Well under the right circumstances Im sure it could happen. I have seen sh*t like that before. People have come in with rocks and mud inside their tires and they have no idea how it got there. I actually had a guy who ran a body shop bring us two tires that were from a wrecked car. The one had a hole in the side and the other tire had some air in it and the tire was still on the rim, but there was glass inside the tire. If the car slides, it can pull the tire from the rim, but as soon as it stops sliding it can easily pop back on. And while it was sliding I can see stuff getting in there like rocks and dirt.

I have broken the bead completely on the rim on one side while trying to break down tires and it would immediately seal back up again as soon as I stopped pressing the "shoe horn" on the tire.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:15 PM

I got one.. it was the end of winter here in Juneau Alaska 1998 when i was driving home late at night from town.. let me get ya a pic. in your head about our highway system.. well it's a 2 lane highway and not much else to it.. I was coming through this area we call the "retainer wall' it has the outbound road 15' higher then the inbound.. so i was on the outbound in the slow lane coming around this slite corner the wall was on the right of me and 15' drop off on the left.. a car came up beside me on the left around this corner and came into mi lane.. i moved to get out of his way.. and for doing that i hit the snow bank on my right with my tires.. My truck was a 1994 GMC stepside with 4' suspension with 33's... Well the tires grabbed the snow and took me up the wall... The cops say i left tire marks 2 feet from the 30' wall.. well i cam down on top of the cab of the truck... luckily me and my passenger had our seatbelts on (not like it did much... but who knows)... My passenger got a broke wrist and a broken neck.. he was able to climb out the (what seemed like) 4' of space in between the top of the cab and the lower part of the window.. he had to have a neck brace for close to a year after that night.. I came out of the wreck with chips in my vertebrae (sp) and minor scratches.. the truck was totaled and sold for parts... they never found the other car that kept on going.. and my truck was blocking the 2 lanes with parts from my truck scattered around.. Here arebefore and after picks

[IMG]local://upfiles/6651/1D924607369E41BEA6F1877A1D3CF026.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6651/6440127CD2494D0484C498320DD00F2E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-08-2008, 03:51 PM

Holy sh*t you win and you got pics!!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:44 PM
TruckForum Addict

Wow man. You better be on your knees thanking the Lord you two walked away from that.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:01 AM

infrared
: Your truck looked exactly like my 91'. Bummer man, that why I have permit to carry. So the other driver doesn't get away, lol. Kidding.....sort of. As long as you were ok thats all that matters right?