Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

You'll Love This

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Beginner
Default You'll Love This

I posted earlier about my 2011 Sierra Extended cab truck and my carpets getting soaked with water during a rainstorm. Today I found out why and this is the note I sent to the dealership that I bought my truck from:

A few months ago I bought a GMC Sierra Extended Cab truck while I was working in Carlsbad. About a month ago I drove through a heavy rainstorm in Louisiana. My carpet on both driver and passenger sides, front and rear, were soaked with water. I had to wet vac the carpets. I was out of country all of December and also just moved to Santa Fe. I carried the truck in today to see if anyone could figure out why the inside of the truck got soaked.

A mechanic here at the Santa Fe GMC dealership finally figured out why. When your guys installed my Pace Edwards Jackrabbit retractable bed cover they ran the canister drain hoses...hold on...into the cab! I actually ran off the installation instructions from the Pace Edwards website and their instructions are very clear, including a photo. They say nothing about routing drains into the cab! I really don’t know what to say, and the mechanic here certainly had some choice words for whichever idiot at your place installed the cover.

We pulled the drain tubes out of the cab and will let the rain drain into the truck bed until I can get some more drain tubes. I’m not very happy.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:32 PM
TruckForum Addict

Sorry but ROFL!

Who the heck does that?! I mean, if someone were to think out the process of putting a .... water run off tube .... into the cabin ......... wait what? Water runs inside the cab? Isn't that bad?

LOL ... I'm glad you got it figured out. Ask them to give your truck a complimentary/apology detail job for the hassle.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by NullHead

LOL ... I'm glad you got it figured out. Ask them to give your truck a complimentary/apology detail job for the hassle.
...and demand that they pay for new carpet, liner, and installation!

In time, that's going to give off an odor.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Beginner

ho-lee chit.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

WOW that is worse then when Best Buy installed and amp for me and drilled a long screw to mount the amp right through the floor and right into the gas tank in my Tahoe. I am glad you got it figured out, but that is freaking ridiculous!!!!