Dodge Dakota Forum Discuss the Dodge Dakota here.

1992 dodge dakota front bumper removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Default 1992 dodge dakota front bumper removal

I'm going to install a lift kit on my 1992 dodge Dakota and one the directions for bumper removal aren't very clear and was wondering if someone would make it easier and also if you have any experience installing one if you could explain the whole linkage cutting and welding thing

Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by xXwesXhereXx
I'm going to install a lift kit on my 1992 dodge Dakota and one the directions for bumper removal aren't very clear and was wondering if someone would make it easier and also if you have any experience installing one if you could explain the whole linkage cutting and welding thing
Well it is actually very easy I myself own a 92 dakota v6, though I am lowering it. If you go on google and type dodge forum I believe it is the first link it will say what type of truck you are. Eventually you will find the correct page and I haven't seen a better dakota forum out their. As to swapping the bumper it is really easy just crawl under the truck and their should be three bolts on each side you will need to take out, though the bolts attach too the bumper them selves are kinda tricky because you can strip them pretty easy. hint if you are replacing it with a different bumper just remember that the earlier dakotas don't work cause the bumper is a different shape and if you get a bumper without the plastic underneath it you will see the bottomm of your rad.