Dodge/ Ram 1500 Forum Discuss the Dodge Ram and Ram 1500 here.

HELP with REC Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Default HELP with REC Navigation

I just purchased a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport, with the Lariat package. I absolutely love this truck and drove a couple hundred miles to get it. The truck is fully loaded with everything you could want and a little more. I am a little disappointed about one thing. Maybe someone can offer up a little bit of advise on the Navigation system. It has the REC radio with satellite and navigation built in.
The disc the dealer provided is an AC, and after I load the disc, the screen says, can not read DVD-ROM, please check the disc. I have checked the disc and observed some light scratches. I cleaned the disc and loaded the disc into my laptop, which worked. I called the www.navigation.com website technical support and spoke with someone who advised that if the disc works in the computer, then the DVD drive in the navigation unit is crapped out.
I have read other threads by users who have reported that same type of problem occurring with their units, however no one included their solution to the problem. I know that there are new updated discs for the navigation system, however I don't want to put any money out of pocket if it is the player, because the player is covered under warranty.
Basically what am I asking is (a) is there a way to try to play another DVD-ROM disc in the player? (b) what has everyone determined to be the solution to this DVD navigation problem??
Thanks