Dodge/ Ram 1500 Forum Discuss the Dodge Ram and Ram 1500 here.

I've tried EVERYTHING!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Default I've tried EVERYTHING!!

I have a 96 Ram 4x4 with the 5.2 318 that i just bought three days ago and drove it it over 3 hours home with no problems. When i got it home it started to cut out on me and died the very next day. Found out the fuel pump was out so i changed it. Now upon re firing the engine it stalled immediately and has done the same since. I know it's a fuel problem cause if u feed it gas through the TB it will stay running fine. I have replaced the IAC, TPS, and the crank sensor is new cause i have a reciept from the previous owner and i also checked it and not a scuff on it. I have checked and swaped all fuses and relays and checked all connectors, looked for leaks and pinched lines. would a scanner help even though i have no codes showing via check light? anything would help right now don't want to take it to the shop and have it cost me a fortune.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:37 AM

i ve never been so,hope someone can help u

Old 02-22-2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by shibbyman22
I have a 96 Ram 4x4 with the 5.2 318 that i just bought three days ago and drove it it over 3 hours home with no problems. When i got it home it started to cut out on me and died the very next day. Found out the fuel pump was out so i changed it. Now upon re firing the engine it stalled immediately and has done the same since. I know it's a fuel problem cause if u feed it gas through the TB it will stay running fine. I have replaced the IAC, TPS, and the crank sensor is new cause i have a reciept from the previous owner and i also checked it and not a scuff on it. I have checked and swaped all fuses and relays and checked all connectors, looked for leaks and pinched lines. would a scanner help even though i have no codes showing via check light? anything would help right now don't want to take it to the shop and have it cost me a fortune.
I never seen you mention changing the fuel filter, cleaning out the fuel tank, and blowing out the fuel lines. It sounds like its just a case of bad gas that you might of picked up on your 3 hour trip.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Hollonator
I never seen you mention changing the fuel filter, cleaning out the fuel tank, and blowing out the fuel lines. It sounds like its just a case of bad gas that you might of picked up on your 3 hour trip.
I agree there is nothing else I can think of. You could also try Seafoaming the fuel system, that should help get rid of most of the filth and contaminants that could be damaging the system.