Dodge/ Ram General Tech Dodge tech talk within.

Need some help with no spark

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Default Need some help with no spark

I'm new here but his is my problem, I just droped a 5.9 out of a dodge ram into my jeep. I had a few problems witht he wiring but that is now solve. I have a no spark issue. I have power to the distributor and CPS and 12 volts to ground on one side of the coil. But when i crank the engine over I have no spark. The coil is good the cps is brand new, I'm going crazy to figure this out. I'm starting to think that Autozone gave me the wrong flywheel again. It has timing notches in it but I don't know if they are right I never had the old one ro compare. If this helps the it's a 93 5.9 magnum 360 out of a 93 dodge ram. my fault codes are 12, 11, 45, 37. Any sujestion would be gratefull or picks of the proper manual flywheel.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:01 AM
Default RE: Need some help with no spark

You have 12volts on a ground?????????????????????? You should have ZERO "0" volts at your ground. If you have voltage on a ground it means you have a resistance in the wire going to ground. Does it have an hei? or an external coil? Would maybe recommend switchin out the cap and see if that might help. You can measure the cap and coil with an ohmmeter. If you do, on the cap measure the secondary circuit which is where the spark plugs sit on the top of the cap, if your readin is OFL or something like that replace the cap. and for the coil, measure each side with the ohmmeter, then with one of your leads go into the secondary winding, where the sparkplug sits on the coil. your ohmmeter should read a number, if it read OFL replace it. hope this helps