Exterior Accessories Changing the look of your truck? Be sure to stop by here and ask questions, gain insight, and POST PICTURES WHEN IT'S DONE!

Looking for general truck toolbox advice

Old 09-24-2018, 07:28 PM
Beginner
Default Looking for general truck toolbox advice

After 5 cars, I finally took the plunge and my only vehicle is now a pickup! My truck is regular cab, so no storage space inside. I'm looking for an acceptable way to store, year round, my boxes of stuff that I'm used to keeping in the trunk (clothes, radio gear, general go-bag type stuff.) I'm not crazy about camper tops and I'm wondering my gear will be ok if I keep it in a toolbox. I'm primarily concerned about humidity - I live in Pennsylvania, so extreme humidity is not a problem, but a toolbox is going to be a lot more exposed than a trunk or the storage area in an SUV. So, will a toolbox work well for this, or am I going to need to get a camper top?

Old 02-08-2021, 07:59 AM
Beginner

Seems to be an old post, but I'd rather share my thoughts. There are a lot of options to choose from, either you go for under the seat tool box kit, utility chest truck bed tool box or wheel well tool box kit. Check this site : Wheel Well Tool Box | Best 2021 (auto-truck-accessories.com). If you have any knee or back injury, like me, I bought the undercover swing case wheel well tool box. I have easy access to my tools, has enough storage space, secured and most important I don't have to go in and out of the truck bed.

Old 10-18-2021, 03:55 AM
Beginner

I think you should go to the nearest store

Old 12-06-2021, 03:51 PM
Beginner

Hi there, I am new here. I need to pick your brains a little bit. I recently needed to get a new tool box because mine was letting snow into and bad! the only tool box in my area was a tool box, a little too big. It sits right on the wheel well, about 2 inches too big. I cannot secure it properly to my truck. My truck is a 2014 ram 1500 with the stupid 5'7" bed. Any ideas on how I could secure the box so no one steals it. Also I know some of you would say "buy the proper sized tool box", get your laughs in now, I couldn't, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!