Looking for general truck toolbox advice - Truck Forums

Go Back  Truck Forums > Truck Talk > Exterior Accessories
Reload this Page >

Looking for general truck toolbox advice

Exterior Accessories Changing the look of your truck? Be sure to stop by here and ask questions, gain insight, and POST PICTURES WHEN IT'S DONE!

Looking for general truck toolbox advice

Old 09-24-2018, 08:28 PM
Beginner
Default Looking for general truck toolbox advice

After 5 cars, I finally took the plunge and my only vehicle is now a pickup! My truck is regular cab, so no storage space inside. I'm looking for an acceptable way to store, year round, my boxes of stuff that I'm used to keeping in the trunk (clothes, radio gear, general go-bag type stuff.) I'm not crazy about camper tops and I'm wondering my gear will be ok if I keep it in a toolbox. I'm primarily concerned about humidity - I live in Pennsylvania, so extreme humidity is not a problem, but a toolbox is going to be a lot more exposed than a trunk or the storage area in an SUV. So, will a toolbox work well for this, or am I going to need to get a camper top?