Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

2011 F-250 Trailer Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Beginner
Default 2011 F-250 Trailer Turn Signals

Took the boat out last weekend and found out on the way home that the trailer lights were not working on the factory installed towing system (4-pin/7-pin combination).

Ive done some digging and replaced a fuse under the hood and got my running lights back on the 4-pin socket but still have no turn signals/brake lights, and NOTHING on the 7-pin.

Weve recently moved and my Owners Manual apparently found its way into a box that hasnt been unpacked so I have no way of knowing which fuse/breaker/relay Im looking for.
Ive checked all the fuses under the glove box, all are good. The ones under the hood APPEAR to be good but some are hard to tell if the wire is intact or not. No way to test them short of pulling them and popping the cap off (the low-profile box type fuses), not an idea Im particularly fond of not knowing exactly which ones to start with.

I googled for fuse diagrams but the results brought up diagrams that showed trailer light fuses in locations that never had a fuse to start with.

Anybody got a book that can share some reliable fuse/relay locations or where else I need to be looking?

Old 07-15-2015, 09:38 PM
Beginner

If you go to Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site
you should be able to download or read on-line the owner's manual for your truck.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:11 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by Legendsk
If you go to Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site
you should be able to download or read on-line the owner's manual for your truck.
Thanks, that may just come in handy in the future. I had gone to a Ford site when I was having this problem but they wanted a stupid price (like $25) to download the manual and I just couldnt see paying it to get the number on a fuse. I thought it was the 'official Ford site", but apparently not, this one took me straight to the manual PDF.