Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

ford f350, intermitant quit

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Question ford f350, intermitant quit

I have a 1995 ford F350, 460. occasional stall, won't start, then start later. At these times, no spark at distributor. Sometimes just a quick hesitation. At any rate, it has been worked on by a good mech.

It pulls 211, 212 codes. ICM, coil, entire Distributor less cap and coil wire which is new and checked, PCM have been replaced. PIP lead seems good and shield in harnees which goe under relay box has been worked on. can't get to stall when wiggling connectors and harness.

My mech. can't get it to happen now, however it has stalled on me once and pulled 211 and 212 codes. Also it hesitated once also on me.

What????? I would welcome any suggestions, thanks

Harry

Old 10-30-2009, 08:11 PM

Try and check the ignition switch. I had a similar prob and checked and replaced all those things. spoke with an old timer and he told me that the ignition switch could cause that problem. I never tried it, wound up junking the car. hope this helps. Cant hurt to check it.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator

P0211 means that the PCM detected a fault in the injector or the wiring to the injector. It monitors the injector and when the injector is activated, the PCM expects to see the voltage pulled "low" or close to zero. When the injector is switched off, the PCM expects to see a voltage that is close tobattery voltage or "high". If it doesn't see the expected voltage the PCM will set this code. The PCM also monitors resitance in the circuit. If the resistance is excessively low or high it will set this code.

Causes

The causes of a P0211 code could be any of the following:
  • Bad injector. This is usually the cause of this code but doesn't rule out the possibility of one of the other causes
  • Open in the wiring to the injector
  • Short in the wiring to the injector
  • Bad PCM
Possible Solutions
  1. First, using a DVOM check the resistance of the injector. If it isn't within specs, then replace the injector.
  2. Check for voltage at the fuel injector connector. It should have 10 volts or more.
  3. Visually check the connector for damage or broken wires. check the injector for damage. If you have access to an injector tester, activate the injector and see if it operates. If the injector operates, then you likely have either an open in the wiring, or a blocked injector. If you do not have access to a tester, swap the injector with another one and see if the code changes. If the code changes, then change the injector.
  4. At the PCM, remove the driver wire from the PCM connector and Ground the wire. (Make sure you have the correct wire. If you're not sure, do not attempt) The injector should activate

Last edited by Worf; 03-24-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 AM

Had the same thing happen to me and it was the ignition module...
Hope this helps...