Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

Timing Marks & Fuel Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Default Timing Marks & Fuel Problem

Hello all, I have a 1995 Ford F350 dually with a 7.5 liter 460. I decided to check the timing and couldn't locate any markings on the balancer. I cleaned the balancer and the pointer but cannot locate any markings. The truck has 135k miles and is a Texas truck so there's no rust. The balancer is clean. Can anyone help me with some advice. I also used the timing light to see if I could see any markings with no success. Also my F350 has dual fuel tanks and the other day I decided to fill up my front tank. The rear tank was already half full so I did not add any fuel to that tank. Anyway after I filled up the front tank while I was driving home (Switch on Front Tank) I noticed that the gas gauge was dropping fast to empty. When I got home fuel was leaking out of my rear tank? What had happened was the fuel from the front tank managed to go to the rear tank over filling the rear tank. Can anyone tell me why this happened? Help Please......Thank you......det45