General Motors Tech Chevy tech talk within.

85 GMC Jimmy - Beach Bound

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Default 85 GMC Jimmy - Beach Bound

Hey y`all, I have an 85 GMC Jimmy which I hope to turn into an ultimate beach cruiser...

My ideas thus far:
1. Using a colored paint on bed liner on the exterior and the interior of the vehicle.
For the exterior I want to use a Canary Yellow, and for the interior I'd like to go with a Sand color.
2. I most definitely need to find some water/weather proof seat covers that will fit nicely with the color scheme. Or even better find some other form of seat to put in that would be street legal such as a boat seat. Any suggestions or idea's are more than appreciated for that one...
3. I would really like to take off the front cab, but before I go to crazy I definitely need to find a roll bar for safety sake... What would be the best way to remove the front cab?
4. I ewould also like to find a way to quickly attach and remove the doors that way for highway use I can have the doors on and for the beach I can remove them without it taking an hour to undo all the bolts... Maybe some sort of sliding pin, there has to b an easy way.
5. I obviously need some slightly larger tires, I'd also like to replace the wheels with these...

Any input yall have is greatly appreciated. I'll try to keep this updated through the process.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Default RE: 85 GMC Jimmy - Beach Bound

Man this is one fast moving forum...[>:]