General Motors Tech Chevy tech talk within.

I have a strange problem,Somebody please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Default I have a strange problem,Somebody please HELP!

[X(]
hi,
have a 94 GMC safari AWD van.letter W in the serier number.
The Ac Compressor went,and when it went it sprayed all ober under the hood spraying the antilock brake unit too.
So we replaced the compressor,AC works fine now.but in the meantime while I was waiting for the compressor one morning,I start the van and drive off.I notice its not shifting,I then notice the anti-lock brake light is on.I also notice I have no power windows,no blower fan for anything,AC,vent heat anything.I go back to my house and shut it off,I look under the hood and all is fine.I restart it and now the light is off and the van is fine.
I noticed when I start the van and all is fine the brake light and the antilock light go on for a sec then both go out,when it freaks out the brake light doesnt come on and the antilock light stays on.
has happened maybe 4 times,shut the van off wait about 10 secs restart and it fine almost like a resetting of the computer.
sat morn we evacuate the ac system,recharge it,works fine and I drive home,ice cold ac.I come out to go somewhere,starts fine cold ac,get there I am there for maybe 9-10 hours.get in to go home,start the van and its fine,put on the ac,its fine,put on the rear ac and boom all the ac shuts off and I see the antilock light is on.now I have no windows,no AC same as befour.so I shut it off and it wont reset.I had to drive home with no ac and the trans in 1 gear.it now sunday morn and light is still on,it will not go back to normal and I cant use the van this way..Any idea???Please help!
thanks

Old 08-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Default RE: I have a strange problem,Somebody please HELP!

I would highly recommend taking it to a good and reputable mechanic. Definitely agree Computer related. Could be a million things that is the bad part. could be a ground withing a module ,could be a body control module. There would have to be some codes stored in the PC for your mechanic to retrieve.