General Motors Tech Chevy tech talk within.

TPS sensor voltage too low NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Default TPS sensor voltage too low NEED HELP

Well here we go, i have a 92 chevy silverado with allot of problems, this is one of them... I noticed that my rpms went vero low when i turn the steering...I checked it with a scanner and the ECU says that the TPS sensor has very low voltage and also the fuel pump circuit had something else, cant remember, but my RPMS are about 850 or less at idle and goes way down when i move the steering, and my engine ends up dieing...I cant go to any store that has small parking lots because it ends up shutting off on me..and also i tried giving it enough RPMS by pressing the gas when i park the truck but im afraid i might mess up the tranny, if any one can help please do so...I have allready checked all my electronics but still no help, i also replaced the TPS sensor and no improvement, also most importantly now that i remember, when ever the unplug the TPS sensor and turn the truck on and then plug it back in, the rpms go way up and it solves the problem but there is a loud sucking sound from the throttle body, well that is it..let me know if any of you have any idea whats wrong..thanks

Old 06-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Default RE: TPS sensor voltage too low NEED HELP

I have just run into a similar stalling problem myself. Searching for a fix and saw your post. Did you get it fixed and how/what did you come up with?