General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

Dual Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Default Dual Turbo

How much Hp and Tourque do you think i could get if i set my 96 f350 up with dual turbos off a dumptruck and ran 5-7 inche pipes all the way through it

Old 10-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Default RE: Dual Turbo

Headin' to the strip are ya?

Old 10-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Default RE: Dual Turbo

Hey Ford Man, I have a ton of experience with turbos and I am very good with getting real damn close to what the trucks output will be just be working some figures. Now that being said I need to know some more about you truck. Heres the list:
1. Engine size - Liters is fine. I am assuming you have a7.3 Diesel and that it is turbocharged now, but I want to check to make sure. I am a Duramax Man but I am fairly certain I can help you out. (unlike alot of other people I don't truck descriminate.lol.)
2. Size of turbos used
3. Size of exhaust going to be used (yes in calculations this makes a difference).
4. If you are going to put a smaller turbo that feeds a bigger one.
5. If the truck is turbocharged now. (The reason I am asking I don't know if you have changed the factory setup).
6. What would you say the condition of the truck is well taken care of ( what I mean is a truck that has regular fluid changes and has been well maintained will produce more power than one that has not). I am not trying to insult you, I have learned from experience that when I go to do something like this I need to ask it and I ask everybody because truck condition engine and trans wise will make a difference when making big power. It also is a factor whether you wil be picking rods or trans parts off of the ground. Now that being said after I figure the power I will also probably make modification suggestions best suited for the power. Like I said just answer these simple question and I will see what I can come up with now. You also need to understand there is know way possible for me to be exact because the only placethat happens is on a dyno, so it will be as close as modern engine math and science will allow me to get.

Now the rest I can figure myself. I have to leave for a while so it will be later this evening before I read your next post. So I will get on figuring it and definately have a reply by tomarrow.

I look forward to helping you out.