General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

front end shake

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Beginner
Default front end shake

I am wonder if any one has some ideas on my problem. I have a shake in my front end, only on driver side. I did replace inner and outer tierods on both sides. I check the drag-link, idler arm and pitman arm. Everything is tight. The shake will happen while driving speeds are 30 to 45 then go away. The shake does not stop when I apply the brakes. I did take two tires of the back that were not cupped and stick them on the front. I can put truck in 4-hi and still shakes but not as bad. I do get some clicking from driver side tire while in 4-by. And some times when I go back to 2-wheel the truck will handle better and not shake. Brakes were just replaced and calipers work just fine. I checked ball joints, and wheel bearing does not have a loud humming sound coming from it. I grabbed the cv joint and I cannot move it. Today I drove to work and the front-end had a shake. When I got off work no shake. WTF right. Ya, so I pull into town to get my get my kid from school and on the way home the shake came back.