General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

Suggestions for a new buyer

Old 01-08-2018, 07:26 PM
WCP
Beginner
Default Suggestions for a new buyer

Hey everyone. I知 currently in the process of searching for a truck however, I知 new to the game and would like to do some research before buying one- I was hoping someone from this forum could give me some insight based on their own experience and knowledge. The three truck brands I知 curious about are Ford, Chevy, and Dodge. Two specific models I知 most curious about are the Ford F-150 and Chevy Silverado 1500 z71- both 2009 and up preferably. I haven稚 decided on a specific Dodge pickup model but, I have had the brand both suggested and not suggested to me. The main thing I知 focused on is the trucks reliability. What truck holds up the longest, has had the least reported defects, and if it goes wrong, has the cheapest parts to repair it. I also want to put a lift kit on it, larger cambered tires, and get one with a king-cab. I spoke with my uncle about his 2012 F-250 and he mentioned an issue with the fuel-injection system where it had to be drained shortly after he purchased it. I知 currently in the military so, I知 constantly on the move. While expense isn稚 too much of a concern, I would like to conserve time by ensuring I go with something reliable. I understand that no truck is perfect so, if something goes wrong I壇 like to get it back on the road at the least cost, as soon as possible. Thank you for any effort and suggestions.