General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

valve me

Old 06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
Default valve me

i have a 1985 ford f150. it has the straight 6 in it. i took the valve cover off to clean. while cleaning the sludge off the head i found a small metel circle peice ( about 1/4 inch ) sitting behind a hole. there is no crack or anytype of fracture in the circle peice. i disscoverd that it came out of the spot between the top of the valve stem and the rocker arm. the motor runs and drives.

is that little peice apart of the valve?
does that peice just sit ontop of the valve stem?
how do i fix it?
is it hard to fix?
is it a bid deal or not?
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
Ford General Tech
06-22-2011 06:21 PM
Ford F-150 Forum
06-22-2011 06:13 PM
Ford Heavy Duty
02-06-2011 03:54 PM
Ford Heavy Duty
02-11-2010 11:24 AM
General Truck Tech
04-11-2009 03:46 AM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: valve me

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.