New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Decisions... decisions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Default Decisions... decisions...

Hi...

I'm shopping for my firsttruck. I'm not an impulsive buyer and want to be sure that I am happy with my decision. As far as Amreican trucks are concerned, it seems to me that there are three ways to go: Ford, Chevy and Dodge.

I'm considering the Ford F-150, the Chevy Silverado 1500 and the Dodge Ram 1500. Each of these seem to be in direct competition with each other and I believe are the entry-level trucks for each manufacturer. The question is which?

Currently, I lean toward the F-150 for no reason other than I like the look best of the three. While I understand that all vehicle manufacturers are having a difficult time with the economy, Dodge/Chrysler is the most public and I tend to lean away from them for that reason. Chevy... well... they impress me as being more sedan that looks like a truck.

I'd like to hear from people who have made this choice already... your thoughts and opinions are welcomed. WHich did you ultimately choose and why?

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Default RE: Decisions... decisions...

Welcome to the site. Right now I have a 07 Ram 1500 but I have owed them all new3- F150 2- Chevy 1500 1- GMC 1/4 ton. And never had a issue with any of them. I consider myself a truck nut I like them all.
They all have there good points. You have to make the paymentsbro. Buy what you like get the best deal, mod it up and be happy.