New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Guy with three chevys and few fords

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Beginner
Smile New Guy with three chevys and few fords

Hey all,
I have a 1999 Gmc Suburban 4x4 5.7L. I use to have a 1997 Gmc Suburban 4x4 which was wrecked but I still have everything left of it. My son has 1981 Chevy K10 4x4 which I wish he never got. I am loyal to ford but when you have a family of 6 you don't have to many options to go with. I have 4 kids 2 boys named Travis (JR) 16 years old and Troy 12 years old. Travis drives the K10. My Daughters names are Jasmine whom is 15 years old and is constantly with me she is a beutiful young girl who likes to work on old trucks with me she drives a 1991 Ford F150 4x4 super cab 5.8L she bought becuase of my 1988 Ford F150 4x4. My other daughter is named Jessie whom is 4 years old and has a brain tumor and the doctors are working on getting it out of her. We had another daughter who died at the age of 3 because of the fact her lungs weren't devoleped right. Me and my wife are doctors me being a gerneral practioner and her being a nurse for me in my own office. I am a retired auto mechanic which is part of the reason my daughter Jasmine is always with me fixing cars. I traded my 1999 2wd Ford Excursion for this 1999 suburban and I am shooting myself in the foot for it because it can't haul my boat. I like because it is so easy to go hunting with two sons and daughter (jasmine) my wife doesn't like hunting. I made my username after my family. My favorite thing to do is ridding Harleys and dirt bikes with my family (Jessie rides a small quad). When I do go out dirt biking I have to bring our 2002 Ford F350 4x4 crew cab with us because we have a 36 foot enclosed gooseneck trailer and I don't think the suburban is going to pull that even if it did have a way of hooking up to it. When the 1997 Suburban was wrecked I was in it alone going to the grocery store for just some ice and the driver of the other vehicle I believe it was it was a 1996 Dodge Dakota had his headlights off and was going about 140 mph when he was on my side of the road and hit me head on while I was merely at 50 mph I had no time to react I was lucky to live with two broken ribs and a broken leg but imagine if my 4 year old daughter was in there. I was able to buy back the suburban at an auction and the engine still ran just needing the fan blade. I am keeping it for parts for my 1999 suburban. My family spends more time together then I do at work because I believe family is worth more then anything. I met my wife in high school when and tried to show off to get her like most men and I was riding my dirt bike and hit a ramp trying to jump my buddies mustang and I wasn't paying to attention and messed up and broke my leg only for her to end up driving me to the hospital. I am one year older then my wife which she is 42 and named Brianna. I am named Travis but go by Trav. I live out in the sticks because of the fact that I like the country and my wife likes the peace and quite and keeping the kids away from all the bad things that go on in town. All of my kids are in an online school which when I built the place where I work now I added a good sized room for them to study while I am working. I also built my home but only when I was young. My current project vehicle is a 1988 Ford Mustang McLareen 5.0L 302 me and my daughter are restoring it my two sons don't like working on car but my daughter absouletly loves she can sometimes fix thing I can't. Next is a 1995 Chevy 4x4 5.7L for my son Troy. Well I think this enough about about me.
Trav, Brianna, Travis (Jr), Jasmine, Troy, and Jessie.