News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on TF happenings! Just take a look.

Truck Survey - Help a Student Out

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Default Truck Survey - Help a Student Out

Hey guys, I'm a student at the University of Missouri and I would greatly appreciate the help if you guys could take this short survey about trucks for my Marketing Research class!

Last edited by Mr_Shamrock; 11-12-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Ok I completed your survey...Its actually more like an advertisement for Ford trucks rather than an unbiased survey...

Old 11-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

I was thinking the same thing. I thought hard about deleting the thread.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:15 AM

Im tossing the idea around too...

Old 11-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

I deleted the link to the survey. In the future please get a moderators permission to post a survey so it can be checked and approved.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:32 AM

Admins, the survey isn't meant to be biased. The purpose of it is to measure the effectiveness of various marketing efforts. The Ford brand was assigned to me by my professor and I just went with it. The current issue with Ford's ecoboost models is an interesting marketing topic because Ford is trying to sell the truck as a "good ol'", powerful truck to one demographic, and as a green vehicle to another demographic. It's interesting because they have to find the right balance of key terms and images in their advertisements to promote it as a green initiative and as a fully-capable truck. Terms like 'ecoboost' have a double meaning. The 'eco' part appeals to the people that care about green initiatives, 'boost' tries to appeal to people that don't want to suffer performance when buying a new truck.

Long story short, the survey is purely educational and can be applied to any truck brand and green initiative they may try with their product lines. It definitely wasn't meant to be an advertisement. So, since I'm sure the survey link is lost in space now I'm going to repost it. If you still feel it's inappropriate for this forum, I completely understand and feel free to pull it down again. I just thought it deserved a fair explanation. I'm just a college kid trying to get a good grade.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:45 PM

id appreciate it if you would send me a private message with more details on this before I allow it on my site. i would like to just verify that you are not abusing this site in order to help ford sell some trucks. we have paying sponsors and if ford wants us to allow them to advertise here they need to fill out the proper sponsorship forms like everyone else. im trying to keep it fair for everyone.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:21 PM

I couldn't quite figure out how to send the PM for some reason, but I posted a visitor message on your wall about it. Let me know what you think.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:49 PM

Ok Chris, go ahead and post your survey. If you like I can put it on the facebook pagesand get some more feedback. If that would help. Good luck with your project

Old 11-12-2011, 06:20 PM

Yeah feel free to post it wherever you see fit, thanks for the help. I'll try and post the results on here when the survey's over, around November 30th or so.

Truck Survey

Quick Reply: Truck Survey - Help a Student Out