Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

Do not buy lowrance products

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator
Default Do not buy lowrance products

I try to praise companies that give me decent support and rarely will go out of my way to bad mouth a company unless they really do me wrong. Well here is one of those situations - I bought a Lowrance GPS unit about a year ago and have updated the maps once on it. A couple months ago I grabbed the GPS on my way out of the door to go down to Atlanta to pick up some bikes. I stopped about 1/2 way to grab a bite and since I knew my way up until I got off the intersate tried to input the address and it could not find it. It is a fairly new building so I luckily have GPS on my Blackberry and punched it in there and it took me right to it. It kind of slipped my mind until yesterday and I contacted Lowrance via e-mail and they e-mailed me back saying they dropped their automotive line and will not be offering any updated maps any longer for those units. So I just called them and spoke to the most unhelpful & rude customer service rep I have ever spoke with. He was very "matter of fact" and basically told me too bad I was beat.
DO NOT BUY ANY LOWRANCE PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Senior Site Administrator

I've never heard of this brand..but I certainly will avoid them if I run into it