Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

Income tax!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Default RE: Income tax!

Well im sure if you do go with the 350 you could part out your Supra motor to help with funds for the build. You should be able to find some help on some forums. I know for the RX7 there is a crap load of wright ups on ls! swaps. But then you'll be in the same place as far as mpg with your truck. Dont give up bud I think you'll get it. If you can get a hold of a welder tack a nut on it. Thats if you can get to it easy enough.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:25 AM
TruckForum Addict

You know I seriously thought of that earlier today but I thought "no... that's probably a dumb idea", LOL! I have a friend who just bought a MIG welder. Might have to have him help me out with it if nothing else works. I've got about 2-3 tricks up my sleeve I still wanna try first. I'm dang sure not taking a dremel to it. Be my luck I'd trash the mating surface and then when it's all back together again, the new head gasket would leak!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:03 PM

Any news on that bolt yet?

Old 04-14-2008, 02:25 AM

Between the two of you, this thread really didn't go anywhere did it?

Oh man, I feel your pain with the rounded out head bolts. My Integra's build was delayed almost a month due to my engine builder being a dumbass and torquing them down at something like 29,384,673,295 ft lbs.

I just thank the good Lord that I haven't had to pull Major's engine out/apart. Knock on wood.

By the way, I'm no stranger to Mobile AL. I went to basic flight training school at NAS Pensacola. The IP's were always taking us out over Mobile Bay, and one time we had to make an emergency landing in some farmer's pecan grove. He was pissed.

W00t. Small world.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:33 PM
TruckForum Addict

Yeah, it is a small world man. I was just in Pensacola today doing some training for my job.

Still haven't endeavored to make any progress with this problem. I'm off on Wednesdays so I'll be taking another whack at it tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.... hopefully good.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:33 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: Income tax! WooHoo!

YEAH! The Lord blessed me and I got the stupid bolt out and all the others came out smoothly. And as such, I have successfully completed my first head removal! I was so stoaked whenmy hex bit caught traction inside the head bolt and the bolt started turning. Now I can't wait for the machine shop to call me and say it's done. I just hope they don't find any problems with it. The head gasket was now blown and actually it has been recently replaced so I don't know why it was consuming coolant... but it definately was. No mistake about it. Even the machinist said he could see where it had been burning it in the combustion chamber. Hopefully it isn't cracked or anything.

I'll keep ya'll posted!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:44 PM

Good!!!!!! I new you would get it

Old 04-21-2008, 10:57 PM

Whens that head going to be done??

Old 04-22-2008, 08:40 AM
TruckForum Addict

I was just wondering that myself. They told me it would be done in a few days and that they would call me. But that was last Wednesday. Ofcourse if they get any commercial work they put walk in customers on the backburner so it's also possible that happened too. I'm gonna go up there this morning and see what the deal is.

Update: I went to the machine shop and they said they just got it tore down and it'll probably be something like late today or tomorrow before they know something. I take by "know something" that they haven't even pressure tested it yet so they don't even know whether or not it's cracked yet. Oh well, no rush.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:42 PM

Thats cool I got my fingers crossed for you!!