Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

New Guy: really need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Default New Guy: really need help

Now I know there are alot of people who might not want to help me for obvious reasons.
But I hope somebody will. I am 30 years old and disabled. I have a 1984 Toyota truck that was stolen in Oct. Thurs. the police recovered it and I was/am ecstatic. Like a moron I left the keys in the truck. The truck isnt in the best condition. I payed the 95 dollars to get it out of the impound, but I still don't have keys and locksmiths want about 100 bucks for a mold plus the thief still has the key. I don't have the money. the only thing I can do is have it towed back here.
For now i just want to bipass the ignition (hotwire it) until I can do something. I go to a health clinic daily and I need it bad. I know everyone's probably thinking i could be a kid making this up and just wants to boost mom or dads car and end up in a wreck. Plus there are other people reading this so i understand if your hesitant. I am pretty mechanically inclined but I don't know completely what to do when it comes to this. I guess I could remove the tumbler i guess. It has one of those solid hard steering columns. If I removed wires from under the dash I wouldn't want to just start putting wire to wire for fear of an electrical short or worse. If someone wants to help but doesn't want to give out that kind of info. You could email me at calabrese052@yahoo.com, upon which I will scan the title to the truck and mail it to you.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Administrator
Default RE: New Guy: really need help

how about this idea...instead of the hotwire idea, how about finding a totaled truck and buying the cylinders out of that?

Old 07-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Administrator
Default RE: New Guy: really need help

hey, i got your email and replied!