Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

Need some help really badly!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Beginner
Default Need some help really badly!!!!!!!!

Ok guys, I got on this forum to get help finding parts that are apparently very hard to find.

I am finishing a project for a retired maintenance CW4 ( if someone doesn't know what that is, a WO1, CW2, CW3, CW4, and CW5 are Warrant Officers and Chief Warrant Officers who specialize in their field in the Army ) who had a company swap in a 1987 460 into a 1985 Mercury Capri. The thing is a beast, but the company who did the swap and pretty much built the car around the engine did a terrible job and stopped halfway through saying that "this job is too small for us". Anyway, suspension bolts were loose, the wrong gaskets were used on areas of the engine causing it to leak, and things were missing. The biggest thing that is missing in the V-belt power steering pulley, and I have had one hell of a time finding an oem pulley. Ford, autozone, advanced auto parts, o'reillys, and napa all sell the serpentine pulley. Online I am finding pulleys but they are billet aluminum and I don't think they will withstand this engine since as it sits now it is a 472 cid. The owner doesn't want to go to all serpentine for reasons of his own and I don't question him since at one point he was my chief in my motor pool. If anyone has any idea where I can find an oem power steering pulley from a 1987 Ford F-350 that isn't billet aluminum and is a good price please e-mail me at: deathdealerdelta@gmail.com.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, I hope someone out there is able to help me finish this project beast of a car. Also if anyone wants pictures just to see what the engine looks like, since all of my buddies want to see it, e-mail me at the above address with the pictures that you want.

Thank you,
Sincerely
Ray Russell

Military Mechanic soon to be Civilian Mechanic.

Last edited by deathdealerdelta; 06-24-2012 at 11:32 PM.