Toyota Tundra Discuss the Toyota Tundra here.

The mods are comming!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Default The mods are comming!

Sounds like there might be some mods finally available for the new 5.7L Tundras. Not that it really needs more, but what the hell, 30+rwhp can't hurt! These Tundra's are putting down at least 310rwhp stock in a 4X4, this guy's got a tune going that'll give us another 30 some rwhp and will make the most of a intake and exhaust to push over 70 extra ponies. I'm a little doubtful on the 70, but i think 50 extra would be nuts in this truck! Might have to waste some more money on my truck, you know, for better gas mileage lol.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...no-results-18/

Old 03-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Default RE: The mods are comming!

Thats good to here! Can HP tuners do anything with these trucks yet? Ive been looking at a few and was kind of wondering about the after market. I love the Black ones dont like the silver but than again I dont like silver on any truck or car.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:42 PM

I guess unichip is the only other company working on the tundra right now. The Toyota brain box is supposedly near impossible to hack so someone is figuring out a way to piggyback it i guess. You'd have to read the above link. CAI and exhaust only have minimal gains without a tune, and the tundra like other's, run real rich! So, nice to see someone realizes the potential in this motor and is willing to invest time in this new product asap. I never found a tuner on a gas motor to get this type of results before at the rear wheels, so either this guy is a super tuning guruor this motor is really detuned at 381hp! Well, at least the drivetrain is designed strong enough to handle it. It's gonna be a good run to the finish now between the tundra and the 6.2L modded denali's!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 PM

How much HP is the trans good for? and do they have any force induction kits for it yet? I wonder if STS has done anything. Im going to look into it.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:08 PM

I wish i could give you some specific answers to your questions, but all i can do is refer you to tundrasolutions for that. I hear how overbuilt the tranny and rear end is, but no one has been able to do any heavy modding yet that i know of to give it the real world test. The first step is to be able to reprogram the brain box which so far no one could hack it yet. So we'll see, this seems to be the first step. TRD is working on a supercharger for the 5.7L as we speak and most think it'll be out soon? Otherwise, there is just CAI, exhaust and headers out for the tundra so far- no real big deal as of yet! That guys tune taking the tundra's rwhp from 311 to 337 is pretty impressive though with a tune alone, and if he can do that, a couple supporting mods and i don't think a SC would be necessary. I don't want to push a toyota on anyone, but to be a informed truck buyer, you should check out the tundrasolutions.com as you'll find many answers to questions you may have. I checked that sight out and the Titan sites out before i made my purchase since there isn't many people out there that you can talk to besides salesmen!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:33 PM

I took them 2 years to hack the ECU on my Saturn Redline. When they did it wasnt long and everybody offered tunes. But first Saturn Motor Sports offered a stage 2 tune that came with a smaller pulley for the supercharger. I got mine for free because I was always on the phone with them. I made my own parts also, and I sent some to them they said they would send me pics of it on there car they were building but never did. They did pay my about 6 months later.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Well, hopefully once toyota finds out someone cracked their codes, the TRD department will give us a plug and play (but very doubtful) and market it for improved mpg's. Well, i'd buy one for improved mpg's, who cares about a extra 30 ponies- i can't believe i just said that and it's the day after april fools lol!

Old 04-02-2008, 09:15 PM

Id care as long as they can keep close to the same mpg. Maybe after this job I will buy one. I went to a dealer a few days ago and was going to test drive one but I didnt like the salesmen. He was very pushy.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 AM

Well, that's the real problem with toyota, there's not nearly as many dealerships as there is around with the big three. If you have a crummy dealer in your area, you may have to drive aways to find another one. If i get a crappy salesman, i'll still test drive it and give him the keys back and say see ya, then go to the next dealer to buy.