Toyota Tundra Discuss the Toyota Tundra here.

STUCK RELAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:26 AM
Default STUCK RELAY!!!

I just got a 91 yota pu from a friend of my father. Guy has spent all kinds of money to fix it but cant. Parked it an bought a big truck to fit his big family.

The truck has has had its share of problems since 2000.

Heres what I know: 91 toyo hilux pickup 22re 2.4L 4X4

-Feb 2001 the truck got a new jasper reman. motor. by private mech.

-July 2001 the check engine ligh is on goes back to mech. new O2 sensor.
Mech. states many different codes show up!

-Oct 2004 Truck goes to toyota dealer for stalling overheating and running poorly. toyota dealer says it will need new head gasket cap rotors wires plugs starter, has exhaust leak and oil leaks $1300 quote
truck picked up by original mech. who installed jasper motor.
He said its not the head gasket connected a wire from the ignition to the wiring harness near the starter. fixed the leaks and gets it running no word on if the head gsket was changed.

-July 2005 distibutor takes a dive. Same mech. gets truck for no start replaces dist. and cuts wire he previously installed. Shortly after starting problem comes back and truck is parked.

-Nov 2006 I get truck started. runs bad no power overheats. flush cooling system connect a few vaccuum lines and the air intake. horrible gas milage give all around tune up. IE air filter wich was missing, oil, plugs, filter, pcv valve (Had wrong one installed V8 style), still need a few more things but the will happen next week or so. runs much much better. still a little rough but getting there.

My question is sometime ill get in and turn the keys starts fine. 2 cranks and fires up.
-Quite offen ill turn the key and it will click. sounds very similar to when ya get dead battery but not a repeated click. like a battery problem. one click passenger side. If this happens all I have to do is touch (connect) that wire that was intalled then cut to fix old problems. touch them and it will crank no need to keep it connected. I do not know what will happen if the wire stays connected. Might burn up a distributer like before. or coincidence? I dont know!!!
Any idea's where to look, My guess is a rely that is hung up?

Also im looking for all the manuals for this truck. If anyone has them im interested.

thnxfor looking at my problems. I look foward to being a part of this forum. I have name on some mustang forums as well.
MIKE[/align]