Toyota Tundra Discuss the Toyota Tundra here.

tundra power

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Default RE: tundra power

the Chevy Silverado 2500HD with the Duramax Diesel and Allison tranny is the most powerful diesel truck on the market today. Its been proven, just look in any diesel mag for comparisons. If you simply put a chip in that truck it will blow away ANY other truck on the road, and still get better gas mileage. Plus, diesel engines last forever. Most can easily go 300,000. There is definitely no gas truck that will out tow it either. Diesel will always be better than a gas truck.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:07 PM

Research does not always reveal what we are hoping to achieve.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/s...th_search.y=11

Sorry, Guys.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:11 PM

We seem to be arguing over apples and oranges and forgeting the one of the main reasons we joined these forums....to help each other. Now, does anyone want to help the thread starter?

Old 11-01-2007, 07:22 PM

Taylanemilyme, the 5.7L is a powerful engine. Toyota has always produced a quality vehicle, though they have slipped 3 places in the "most reliable" area from #1 to #3 preceeded by Ford and Buick respectively. Power is not a sole basis to purchase a vehicle. Reliability, maintinence costs, and purpose should also play a role. Most trucks are close enough in cost, when comparing apples to apples, that the difference can usually be negotiated at the dealer.
This may be a more complicated answer than you were looking for.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:33 PM

You say you would just supercharge your Tundra? With the compression that the yota motor is putting out you would have to run race gas to notice a measurable difference to spend the 6500k for the magnacharger setup. That is where all the power comes from, also why it gets 13mpg while my alluminum block gets a respectable 18-20mpg

Old 11-05-2007, 10:58 PM
TruckForum Addict

Cracker if we arent arguing over apples and oranges then there would be no fun about the forums and it would would be boring

Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 PM

I like comparing grapefruit to Chevys......
Taylanemilyme, remember I said power isn't everything. Watch the link and make your decision.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:25 AM

if you want power (and lots more power very cheaply) longevity, and mileage you can't beat a diesel.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: wintersucks

if you want power (and lots more power very cheaply) longevity, and mileage you can't beat a diesel.
You seem to be overlooking the additional $5K plus for the diesel option to begin with! Yes once you pay to get the diesel option you really need to spend another grand for a quality programmer or else you wasted 5 grand. So, all your extra power is gonna cost you $6,000, not to cheap in my book. That's why i say keep cost in persective, as you could supercharge a gas motor for that which would give you similar or better results IMO! And as for a couple mpg's extra a diesel gets, the fifty cents extra fuel prices negate any advantage there also. I think longevity isn't a real issue either as the majority trade every two to three years anyway, more of a issue for a old farmer like my parents, lol!

Old 12-23-2007, 04:19 PM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: Cracker

I like comparing grapefruit to Chevys......
Taylanemilyme, remember I said power isn't everything. Watch the link and make your decision.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZz3xly3HUA
That's funny.

Quick Reply: tundra power