Toyota Tundra Discuss the Toyota Tundra here.

Vibration problem....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 04:15 AM
Default Vibration problem....

Hello everyone!

My name is Michael Skokauckas and I hail from Mesa, Arizona. I'm an die-hard Toyota fan...and I always will be. I own a 1994 Toyota Pickup. It's a DX model, Standard cab and bed. 2.4 (22RE) Engine, 5-speed transmission and four wheel drive. Very nice truck, has never let me down and has always been there when I needed it. But know...I do have rather somthing of a safety problem on my hands. A problem that scared me enough to park the truck in the garage until I could find out what was going on with it.

The truck is all stock besides the BFG tires I installed. Always been one for original. Well, a few days ago I was driving down the road, doing about 45mph, and went over a rough spot in the pavement. Nothing major, perhaps un-even surface or rut. But what happened next scared the crap out of me! The entire truck along with the steering wheel started to shake so violently that I was thinking a tire was about to fall off! Luckly it was late at night and no one was behind me. I slowed down to around 10mph and the vibration stopped. I pulled into a local gas station, got out with my mag light and started looking around the bottem of my truck for any signs of damage...and saw nothing.

I was thinking perhaps it was a problem with somthing in the steering and/or front end etc... I will be taking it to a shop this up-coming week for inspection and/or repair. However before I do, I figured I would post up and see what you fella's think or what it might be.

It does not do it all the time...just did it a few times until I parked it. I also noticed that there is a slight vibration in the steering wheel while drive at normal speed as well.

If anyone has any idea's...please feel free to let me know.

Thanks fella's

Michael

Old 11-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Default RE: Vibration problem....

yeah, you could check your front brakes. you could have quite possibly seesed a caliper. also check your brake fluid.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Default RE: Vibration problem....

Maybe u joints?