Vehicles for Sale Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Trying to sell my truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 02:47 AM
Default Trying to sell my truck

Hey everyone... I joined this forum for some guidance... I am going to be putting my truck up for sale (maybe) and I was hoping for some tips or hopefully some replies from some people who may be interested in my truck.

The reason I'm selling my truck is because there is a car sitting in my garage that I would like to buy from my boyfriend. Last month, my boyfriend bought a cobra because he was going to be selling his mustang and wanted a new car to start working on. Well, the guy that was going to buy his mustang didn't come through and now my boyfriend has both of them and he cannot afford it. On the drive home from PA (where we bought the cobra), I got 2 hours of driving time and I love the car. The thing is... I love my truck and have always wanted a truck like mine, I just cannot afford to keep putting $40-$60 of gas in it a week.

Here are the differences in the vehicles:

My truck: 1997 GREEN Ford F-150, 5.4 L, 330 ci, V8, automatic, short bed, flare side, 87000+ miles, 12-18 mpg, both lightning and stock wheels (lightning wheels have new tires from this summer), new upper and lower ball joints, custom true straight pipe exhaust with Magnaflow 3 1/2" tips, a reese hitch has been installed, the interior is in pretty good shape (has a few minor spots of wear and tear), Kenwood cd player (set up for Siruis radio if subscription is desired), one 12" MTX subwoofer, 700 watt HiFonics amp, and the asking price is $7,000 or OBO... plus this monster gets 16.2 at the 1/4 mile!!! Here is a site you can look at for some pictures (these were taken when I bought it last year) http://homepage.macomb.com/~dlb1982/betsy.htm

Does this sound reasonable? I have never sold a vehicle before lol

The Cobra: 1994 RED Ford Mustang Cobra, 5.0 L, 302 ci, V8, manual, 106000+ miles, 25-30 mpg, new tires, interior is immaculate, pretty much bone stock, but the possibilities are endless... and it's sitting in my garage! I'd be paying my boyfriend $6,500 for it, and the extra $500 will go to a new exhaust. Plus if anything goes wrong with it, my boyfriend knows how to work on it (since he's a mustang buff), or if I want to 'beef' it up, he'll do all the work, if I buy the parts.

I would appreciate any input or opinions!

~Betsy