Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

03 silverado front tires rub

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by MuddyGirl04
wow guys u should really chill out. You are all being hypocrites. Look at yourselves. he was merely stating his own opinion and you guys all sh*t on him. I think u are all right we should all state our own opinion thats why he posted that he was doing a lift on a 2wd. if he didnt want any comments dont post. I with him on this. Dude buy a bigger truck. I hear u, u this is ur project....but come on thats over kill and you are going to ruin ur truck. its not designed for some of that stuff. and i think it looks retarded. But hey Thats MY own opinion right?
I dont get what you mean by sh$&ing on him? I put it nicely and respectfully. He wants to flip out over a 1.5" lift, come on really??? Look at the other guys point of view, he came and asked a question, and he gets told he is endangering his life and he is just some young dumb kid. I would take offense to that cuz how in the hell can you tell who or what the person is about through typing letters on a screen? Hmmmmmm????

Old 02-13-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by RUFFNECK4LYFE
I dont get what you mean by sh$&ing on him? I put it nicely and respectfully. He wants to flip out over a 1.5" lift, come on really??? Look at the other guys point of view, he came and asked a question, and he gets told he is endangering his life and he is just some young dumb kid. I would take offense to that cuz how in the hell can you tell who or what the person is about through typing letters on a screen? Hmmmmmm????
Most guys who lift a 2wd truck do it for show, not go. In fact, that's why most guys lift a 4wd.
Just my $0.02.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by MuddyGirl04
wow guys u should really chill out. You are all being hypocrites. Look at yourselves. he was merely stating his own opinion and you guys all sh*t on him. I think u are all right we should all state our own opinion thats why he posted that he was doing a lift on a 2wd. if he didnt want any comments dont post. I with him on this. Dude buy a bigger truck. I hear u, u this is ur project....but come on thats over kill and you are going to ruin ur truck. its not designed for some of that stuff. and i think it looks retarded. But hey Thats MY own opinion right?
he was already thinking about a 3 in body lift. the 1.5 is all he really needs and its cheaper

Old 02-13-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by restridge
Most guys who lift a 2wd truck do it for show, not go. In fact, that's why most guys lift a 4wd.
Just my $0.02.
My point is, when someone wants to do something to their own ride, cant clown on them all the time. I have seen alot of forums where they make you feel stupid for asking a particular question, they will even post a FAIL thread to make them feel worse. Trial and error. Experience has always been my best teacher. Let them do what they want, then they will realize if its worth it or not. When he was told "well thats your opinion", I thought it was overkill when he came back to have the last saying thats all. Other than that, its a beautiful day guys, God Bless!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by RUFFNECK4LYFE
My point is, when someone wants to do something to their own ride, cant clown on them all the time. I have seen alot of forums where they make you feel stupid for asking a particular question, they will even post a FAIL thread to make them feel worse. Trial and error. Experience has always been my best teacher. Let them do what they want, then they will realize if its worth it or not. When he was told "well thats your opinion", I thought it was overkill when he came back to have the last saying thats all. Other than that, its a beautiful day guys, God Bless!
I was agreeing with you.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:19 PM

Oh I know, just wanted to elaborate. :b

Old 02-13-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by restridge
Just my $0.02.
my truck definitely is not a show truck. i can guarantee you that it sees more dirt then some of those pampered 4x4's

Old 02-14-2011, 05:43 PM

He can do what he wants. I thought I saw something about a 3" body lift. If someone wants to lift a truck,regardless of how high they want it, chances are they want to go offroading. I've lifted things ever since I was 16,so I think I'm qualified to know the pro's, and con's of lifting a vehicle. I have a jeep wrangler with an 11" lift on 36's currently. A body lift seperates the actual bodyfrom the chassis, therefore making it more likely to flip because it makes the vehicle "sway" more. There is a reason that a suspension lift has been invented. When adding a suspension lift, all your really doing is putting bigger springs on. With a body lift,you are modifying the entire design of a vehicle. You notice the big lifted trucks that you can purchase from the from the factory at the dealership? There is a reason why they don't have a body lift. Think about what I am saying,and visualize in your head what a bodylift does to a vehicle,and maybe,just maybe you will understand what I'm saying.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:31 PM

Dayyyumm 11" lift? Take the kids to school in that? Hehehe Im kiddin. Thaz high though!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by honestblades
He can do what he wants. I thought I saw something about a 3" body lift. If someone wants to lift a truck,regardless of how high they want it, chances are they want to go offroading. I've lifted things ever since I was 16,so I think I'm qualified to know the pro's, and con's of lifting a vehicle. I have a jeep wrangler with an 11" lift on 36's currently. A body lift seperates the actual bodyfrom the chassis, therefore making it more likely to flip because it makes the vehicle "sway" more. There is a reason that a suspension lift has been invented. When adding a suspension lift, all your really doing is putting bigger springs on. With a body lift,you are modifying the entire design of a vehicle. You notice the big lifted trucks that you can purchase from the from the factory at the dealership? There is a reason why they don't have a body lift. Think about what I am saying,and visualize in your head what a bodylift does to a vehicle,and maybe,just maybe you will understand what I'm saying.

visualize in your head how much 1 1/2 inches is, wait no get out a measuring tape so you can see how small that is

Quick Reply: 03 silverado front tires rub