Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

03 silverado front tires rub

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:53 AM

Another inexpensive solution to fix your problem. At the auto parts store they sell these little square looking things that mount inbetween your springs. That might lift it a little bit,and they are inexpensive. I put some on my old bronco 2 once.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:49 PM

dude if your like me and your truck is a truck not a brand new DD show queen notch your front bumper..my tuck is stock height with 33x12.50's on it i rolled my fenders back some and notched my bumper no problems...ALso i see its an 03 oh **** its 2wd well that throws T keys out just go but 2 inch spring spacers for the front

Old 02-21-2011, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by honestblades
This kid cracks me up. No proper way to lift a vehicle? LMAO. Sure there is buddy. Suspension lifts,the proper shackles and shocks. Custom driveshafts,and re-angled rear ends. My jeep is lifted properly. You have to pay to play.
lol whatever man. jeeps are the worst when it comes to roll overs. especially lifted jeeps. i find it funny how we talk about a body lift and you comes in talking about it flipping and how hes gonna kill himself. suspension or body lift changes the geometry of the vehicle, how it handles, center of balance, etc.. making it more prone to roll overs. its a risk you take when you decide to lift a vehicle. he obviously doesnt have loads of money to spend on his truck and he will do what he feels best. FFS... if your going to be afraid of what happens if you take your truck offroad just live in your moms basement the rest of your life and never go outside since your so scared that something is going to happen.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 AM

I'm done with the conversation kid. Time and time again, you have continued to miss my point. You don't understand that there is a proper way,and an incorrect way to do everything. Take your grammar skills for instance. Alot of your grammar is incorrect. If I were you (16 like you said) I would spend a little more time paying attention in school getting an education, and leave the mechanics of a vehicle up to a grown up. Have a good day my friend.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

OK guys this thread has run its course and I apologize for not ending it sooner. This person was asking for an opinion on a problem they were having not looking to be bashed. Warning someone like Honestblades did when he thinks they are doing something dangerous is one of the things people should come to a forum for, but comments like "lifting 2wd's is stupid" will not be tolerated. We all have our own taste in what a truck should look like so please try to appreciate that. If we all drove the same trucks with the same lift/drop it would be a very boring world.
I forgot who wrote it here, but the post about how the front end drops slightly when reversing and that is what is causing the rub is exactly right. So the original poster needs to find a way to either raise the front a little more or, if it's minor, find where it is rubbing and do a little trimming. Many times it is the lower valance below the bumper that is the culprit.
Thread has been locked.

Last edited by Mr_Shamrock; 02-22-2011 at 07:51 AM.