Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

79 chevy ( Rebuild questions )

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Default 79 chevy ( Rebuild questions )

Is it fairly easy and cheap to Replace parts on a 79Chevy? (Im not restoring for the look factor) Im restoring it for the fun factor..
I'v just done the brakes and got the fronts to work, just have to wait for a nice day todo the back ones(Got ugly outside real quick and had to throw back on the wheels before the snow buried me) & havent looked much into finding a master cylinder yet. But other then that is it fairly cheap/easy to replace parts on a 79 chevy?. In my chevy there isnt much that needs to placing and any Subs and stuff will do but im meaning engine and frame (Im keeping ithe current engine) in it for now. Im not really 'good' at trucks. I know body repair, maint's, engine repairs on them. But i use to just buy 500$ cars/trucks/vans/motorcycles and bash the **** out of them then sell whats left after i wobble home with it.
but this time instead of investing money into 1-2 day fun... i might as well build a decent truck. (I'd just buy a newer model truck) but im scared to ditch dive with it get a scratch or a dent ill be crying for weeks.