Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

adding accessories

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Default adding accessories

Just wondering what accessories everyones adding to trick out their trucks. I must take into consideration, that we have harsh winters here in New Hampshire, so the mods/accessories have to be practical. I luv the LED under lites that go under your vehicle but again, winter months would ruin them, as my truck is my transportation. I'm not into sub-woofers or radio accessories, and not really into the mahogany or different dash panel accents. The brushed aluminum gastank door/door handles/tailgate handle and etc seem to look good but not sure how they'd LQQK, and whats involved installing them. Not kean on bug deflectors, as winter snow turns into ice, falls off roof and there goes the deflector. Visors are too expensive, tho they look awesome with the clearance lites built into them. Not into tonneau covers. Heres what i have already.
1. GTS Headlite covers
2. K&N FIPK
3. AVS Rainguards
4. Illuminated Bumper guides
5. Pacer LED Light bar (Between tailgate and bumper) 4 functions
6. Hood Scoops painted to match
7. Black Nerf bars
I believe thats it......... Lets hear some other ideas.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:28 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: adding accessories

Well it depends what look you are going for. I have the chrome door and trunk handle covers on my truck. The Bully ones come with 3M tape already on them so they just stick on. Since you have to drive in the snow I assume you are going more 4x4 look. A brush guard would look good. I prefer the bully bars on the front. They are not nearly as bulky looking and probably don't weigh nearly as much. You could also get some aftermarket rims that are the same size as the ones you have now so that you don't have to buy more tires. That would probalby run you between $500-$600 depending on what rims you want. You could also do the Denali projector headlights, Altezza clear tail lights, billet grill, bed rails..... The list goes on and on. It just depends what you want and how much you have to spend.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:24 AM

True depends on what you like, mine is more towards all around performance. I got window visors, I really can't remeber the name, you can see them in the pics though. Billet Grills, always look nice and I'm looking at getting one here soon. Good quality chrome bed rails look good also imo. How was the hood scoop process?

Old 10-05-2007, 07:20 AM

I just bought Altezza taillights and clear corners for up front. The taillights look kinda like bigger Envoy tailights. I'll put pic up when I got them on my rig. I'm not into the lights that much but there are two trucks that I see everyday that are identical to mine (except for the rims and emblem) and I want to make mine stand out a little more.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:38 AM

Living in Florida all my life, I know 2 things about snow: 1 - It's cold. 2 - you slide on it.

Get a roll bar in case the rubber side points the wrong way. They make em chrome.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 AM

I've got a rear camera that's mounted on the license plate frame.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:27 AM

Very cool South Bay. Where'd you pick that up?

Old 10-05-2007, 01:14 PM

I got mine at Costco ...was about $70 ....I've seen them at Kragen too, but for about $10-$20 more.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:04 PM

I went around to different places today after work and wanted to price catback systems. They were from $650.00 down to $400.00. The place i'm gonna use, was $400.00 installed. They bend their own pipe, It will be 2.5" pipe, fully welded, andit will exit straight out the back, with chrome tips. They are going to use the Flowmaster 50 series. I don't want anything thats gonna blat, just a nice mellow rumble when accelerating, and a slightly different tone at idle. Are the 50 series about like what i wanted? I dont want the cab interior deafening sound, just the mellow rumble outside. Thanx, Jim

Old 10-05-2007, 04:13 PM

I went w/ the 40 series on my rig ...they bent the pipes and the whole 9 too ...I hve mine coming out from behind the right and left tires ...

It's sounds like you might be looking for the 40 series ...nice low growl during idle ...aggressive roar at WOT ...it's not load in the cab at all.

I spent $280 w/ chrome tips.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: adding accessories