Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

adding accessories

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 07:45 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: adding accessories

The 50 series will probably work great for you if you just want some rumble out of it without it getting overzealous when you get on it. I love my Super 40 but I like it loud and proud. I'm actually pondering a set of Gibson headers from Summit Racing to give it that extra umph and make the exhaust a lot louder!

Old 10-06-2007, 05:11 PM

Hey quick02, the hood scoop process was a piece of cake.......... I peeled the backing off the 3M Tape, cleaned the area where the scoops were being mounted with prepsol,and stuck them onto the hood where i wanted them... LMAO

Old 10-06-2007, 05:32 PM

Oh sweet, did you have any problems with paint matching? My paint is in great shape but is now 5 since it was rolled out of the factory Oct 3rd 2002

Old 10-06-2007, 06:08 PM

No problems with paint matching. My truck is like a charcoal color (Dark Spiral Gray Metallic, paint code # WA805K) so i could have actually put the hood scoops on as they came out of the package, but my body man said they'd turn white eventually as its just a primer on them when you get them. I gave him the paint code and he called it in,had the paint delivered to his shopand painted them for i think it was $50.00, plus i had to pay about $27.00 forthe pint of paint, he used his clearcoat, as hes a friend of mine, and he also helped me install them.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:46 PM

Cool I think we have the same paint job. I got some pics on page 2, so if it's the same I'll know what to expect.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:28 PM

I just got a spray in bed liner, looks awesome + saves your bed. The flowmaster 40's are the loud ones, I'm getting the single flowmaster with 2 inlets and 2 outlets, hoping it gives me the balance of an X pipe and wont be to loud. Get your flowmaster from ebay, they are like half the price of a muffler shop.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29

Old 10-07-2007, 08:04 AM
TruckForum Addict

You'll find that a setup like mine is quite a bit cheaper as well! Like $50-$60 cheaper than duals out the back.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:36 AM

I have seen alot of people on here talking about the "X" pipe, when talking dual exhaust, what is the "X" pipe, and what does it do?

Old 10-07-2007, 10:48 AM

For me the benefits of a x pipe would be the sound. It will balance the sound from the 2 pipes. I know this is off topic but does anyone have there exhaust coming out high right behind the tires andkind of pointing down. I really want to bring a picture to the muffler shop so I get exactly what I want.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:07 AM

Theres a guy at work with a real nice GMC Sierra, i think its like an '05 or so, and he has the exhaust like your LQQKING for. I'll see if i can get a pix with the digital camera tomorrow, and if you send me your email addy tomymissionisfishin@msn.com. i'll send you the pix when i get them. So the X pipe is an accessory? As when i get my exhaust done, the shops going to bend the pipe, and it will be from Cat back. Single pipe in, dual pipes out w/ 2.5" pipes and chrome tips. Won't the 2 outlets from the Flowmaster muffler do the same thing? I guess i don't quite understand. Thanx, Jim

Quick Reply: adding accessories