Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

anyone ever removed the middle seat and installed a console?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Default anyone ever removed the middle seat and installed a console?

i have a 2001 silverado, reg cab, step side, 5.3, auto, power windows and locks. i have put a billet grill and bowtie, clear corners, painted both top and bottem plastic on the front bumper to match, removed all trim and emblems, added color-matched door handles, also added factory fog lamps(they didnt come on it facto) new dark tint(the old stuff was peeling) replaced the bed caps(they warp on a step side) added a flowmaster and a 2-4 drop. so far the truck looks great, and gets a lot of glances from the rich kids who throw 24's on a truck and call it custom. my question is this, has anyone ever takin the middle seat out of a reg cab and tried to take a console from an extended cab and install it in the reg cab? there is enough room, and the rear a/c wouldnt need to be functional, of course. i have removed the middle seat already and measured, but just wondering if anyone had any suggestion. i need to do something, it sucks with no cup holders. thanks...

Old 11-02-2005, 04:41 AM
Default RE: anyone ever removed the middle seat and installed a console?

yea, my buddy took his dad's silverado 4x4( i believe it was a 95'?) and took the front bench like seats out and put in buckets with a console from a different newer truck. I think he had to do some fabricating on the brackets but they fit and it looks good. I haven't done it to mine and problably never will. But then again i'm happy with my front seats.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Default RE: anyone ever removed the middle seat and installed a console?

thanks, i figured it would take a little fab work...it'll be cool though