Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Argon...the good,the bad,and the ugly

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Default RE: Argon is gonna back off

I agree with you Argon Dealer Tech's often get screwed by warranty work and put up with a lot of crap. My neighborworks for a Dodge dealer andtells me all the time how he gets screwed out of labor hours for warranty workor other B.S. But look at the bright side as you can see alot of folks on here sure appreciate your help and not every one is always going to like what you, me or anyone else post. Thats what makes us individuals. So I am glad you are sticking around. I have been a Tech/Customer service Supvisor for a High Performance company for twelve years and i know what you mean by people's criticism. Just got to roll with it some times.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:49 AM

...is this somehow connected to the discussion about the fuel pump swap? With the speed shop references and so on, that's the feeling I'm getting. Surely a different view of how to install a fuel pump wouldn't influence your decision to stay here.

Anyway, you should stick around....everyone clearly has a high opinion of you and appreciates your help.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:39 PM

no,not all yankee...we got that all straightened out.,.in fact,i was in the wrong on that for my attack.
it comes down to this....if you pull beds a lot,you'll be faster....if yopu drop tanks often,you'll be faster doing em that way.

its just been reference after reference it seems about "stealerships" ,costs of factory parts,and dealer labor.

yes,the parts are high...usually though they are worth it..not always.
labor rates tend to go right along with qualified independents..not brake-o's...but you'll pay the same rate at a good shop.

aRE THERE RIP-OFF DEALERS?..ABSOLUTELY.are there are honest dealers?..absolutley.
i'm no stranger to message boards,,,i belong to a bunch.it just seemed like the anti-dealer thing was getting out of hand...anyway...we'll work on that

thanks guys.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:40 PM

I'm definitely not anti-dealer...they've stocked me with crank bolts for half a dozen cam swaps...lol

Stick around man. People just feel clever saying "stealership".

Old 01-29-2008, 06:48 PM

I for one always like to look at your responses because I know from reading them over the past 6-9 months that you know what you are talking about. Alot of the guys on here just want to do things themselves to save a few bucks and for that reason steer clear of the dealer. I for one is a "do it yourselfer" with my vehicles and house. I refer to message boards like this or friends etc. for advice but even if I have not done something before I will try anything.

Thanks for the education.....

Old 01-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Default RE: Argon...the good,the bad,and the ugly

Yeah it would really be a lose if you left. Any time I've posted a question here I've hoped you would chime in.

As to "stealerships", I here them called that on a lot of forums. Now I can't speak to any Chevy dealerships but Jeep, well.... I needed to rebuild the rearend on my Wrangler, outer bearings and seals ran me like 19.95 + 10.00 shipping online for both sides. One bearing, not including the seal, from the dealer was $35, so maybe "stealership" is a little harsh, how bout "overpricedship".

Old 01-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Default RE: Argon...the good,the bad,and the ugly

Well experience is experience, but being a GM certified tech is worth double what any other general tech would be worth with equal time in the industry (For Gm at least). Im sure Argon has seen is fair share on non-GM products as well and has had plenty of experience with other makes and models. I would take his work because he can cut the BS out of what GM says and still have more professionalism and know-how than a standard duty tech when it comes to these trucks. People like Argon are needed to say "Hey this is what GM says but it doesn't work, you should do this" or "GM says they will fix it, that is BS". Otherwise we would all follow what they told us to do for our trucks, whether its right or just something to shut us up. (Remember all manufacturers are businesses first with greedy executives at the helm).

As far as this site goes, I have a profile in four other forums and this is the only one that worth a damn. Im glad its taking off! I think everyone can say that they have learned something valuable in this forum and I hope we can "share the wealth" with even more people. I love being on it at work and chiming in on a few topics, then I get home and there is 6, 8, 10 or more new posts up and the discussions just keep going. Look at the damn "Free Mods List"...how many pages are there now? Hell even if I go with another brand vehicle I'll still come back to this forum.