Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Cold Air Intake preferances

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Default RE: Cold Air Intake preferances

superddd - the intakes also have larger filter surface area and a continuous pipe to the throttle body, unlike the passageway (or whatever you call it) that comes stock and has sound dampeners and goes multiple different directions for some reason. If you actually pull it out and look at it, it will make more sense, it is hard to describe what it looks like. Yes they do still pull air from the same place if you don't have the scoop, it just pulls more.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:05 PM

well i personally think which ever one is not made of metal is great. asi have posted a while back......the numbers have been shown, the metal tubing conducts heat, and in turn causes you to have power robbed due to high intake air temps. Now should i say anything i would say AIRAID or Volant just my personal choices.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:37 AM

Just bought the volant one and love it so far! I don't know how much it made a difference in the milage yet but there is a good amount of power difference. I really noticed it going down the highway and passing another car. I was doing 60 and barely got on it and I looked down and it was all of a sudden at 75. Has anyone gotten the scoop the volant sells for the kit? Or have you done anything to the hole that is in the bottom of it?

Old 04-05-2007, 02:40 AM

I think smoke has it, but I'm not for sure. I know he has the Volant and loves it as well. I have the Granatelli CAI and I love it. Really makes a difference when your truck can breath.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:57 AM

you can go wrong with redneck brand ram air! Just get a drill, K&N and go to work drilling holes in the stock box. sounds crazy but it works

Old 04-05-2007, 08:09 AM
TruckForum Addict

Why, yes it doooo...

Old 04-05-2007, 09:41 AM

I wish I would have known all of this free modifiction **** before I spent butt loads of money!

Old 04-05-2007, 02:41 PM

should have asked dummy! haha mark im just kidding....KEN!! haha im kidding again....RECKARD..im still kidding..i can go all day with this!!

Old 04-05-2007, 07:55 PM

I do have the volant, and it is awesome. I paln to try tomake my own scoop and play with covering the bottom hole and maybr trimming the hole in the fenderwell out some more.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:44 PM

New here but adding my .02. I got the True Flow for mine it does add some decent power. However I can personally tell you that if you are looking for something that will give you a better tone from the motor the true flow will not be the one to buy as it makes use of the stock air box.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake preferances