Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Evap and MAF Low Input Codes!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator
Default Evap and MAF Low Input Codes!!!!!

Just thought I would share some info! I had my CEL come on and pulled the Purge Solenoid and MAF Low Input codes. Well I thought it was my Evap set up goin bad so I looked for corroded wires and vacum leaks. I checked the wires to the MAF sensor and all good. So I couldn't figure it out and just left it. Been like that for 2 months. I just now read a forum where someone had the same problem and come to figure out, IT WAS A BLOWN FUSE!! Lol The power wire goin to the MAF sensor and the Evap share the same fuse. All this time I thought was chain of problems and turned out to be a busted fuse. I figured it happened cuz I ran a 3rd e-fan for the A/C condensor and put more load on the system. I also noticed when the e-fans come on, the voltage output from the IAT inside the MAF sensor drops about .5 volts. Something to think about when wiring e-fans. I use power straight from the battery with a toggle switch to run the e-fans. Oh and this link to a forum provides a wiring diagram...http://www.grandprixforums.net/f81/m...help-3786.html