Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

exterior conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Default exterior conversion

so i got my old ugly w/t that needs some work. and i got some questions.

it spent its life with a construction company then the last 5 years it was a shop truck hauling a giant air compressor to change semi truck tires on the highway. its just plain white. i never really liked the w/t grilles and sealed beam headlites on these trucks.

can i convert the front end over to the silverado style? i like the newer style (97 i think?) with the big chrome bar and composite headlights and all that.

will i just need the headlights, grille and wiring?
can it just be all bolted and plugged in?

i'mhopin i dontneed to get a new bed. i dont really want too cuz this one doesn't have one rust spot! its got a real bad dent under the right taillite that i'll either need to weld over or pop out and mud up.

oh and did any silverados come with black interior? i hate blue and plus the seats all ripped up. im gonna paint most of it (vinyl and plastic)but i was looking for black seat belts and a black bench seat. i dont want buckets cuz me and the girl drive this alot now since we're rebuildingboth our caprices.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Default RE: exterior conversion

You can update your front end equal to a 98. You will have to buy the grill, lights, reflrcetors, turn signals, and even the bow tie seperate. The front monted turn signals will mount to the new grill, but the headlights will require factory mounting hardware, but everthing behind you grill should be the same as even a Z71. You can buy most of the stuff aftermarket for about half of what the dealer will sell it to you for, and you can get different options like clear turn signals, and black and red bow ties, etc......