Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was at the bar the other night.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Default I was at the bar the other night.....

...and the owner, a nice and smart guy who has some cash to play with, was talking about vehicles. He drives a GTO and is looking to trade it in on either a Mustang or a truck. This is how the conversation went.

So I asked him which truck he would buy. He said "No Silverados until they build better transmissions on the 1500s, no Fords until they build a better gasoline powerplant for the F150 and no Dodge unless they stop building them like golf carts." So I asked him what he WOULD buy as a truck. He said "Tell you the truth I have no idea." Well what about a Tundra? He says "The only way I'd buy a Toyota is if the body was designed by Lexus" Lexus? "Yeah, Toyota knows their sh*t, but all there vehicles look like cartoon cars unless Lexus gets there hands on it." Well wouldn't that be just another yuppie truck? Like Biff and Buffy's trip-to-the-mall truck? "Yeah, but most of these damn things are yuppie trucks. How many guys do you see buy a HEMI, Tuntra 5.7, GM 6.0, a diesel or Ford Super Duty and actually use them to haul all the time? Most of them just brag about them and try to race everyone." Why not race everyone in a truck, I mean you could. He just looked at me and said "Why?" And I couldn't come up with a good reason. No matter what I said he shot me down, lol.

Well my point in sharing this is that maybe he has a point. Feel free to share your thoughts on this.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Default RE: I was at the bar the other night.....

Good point the man might have. Whats the point in racing a truck? I dont really care if it is faster or not then the guy next to me at the stop light. I need my truck to get me and my stuff to and from work, the mountainandthe desert. I might take my truck down a washor up a trail, but nothing too hard core. I love my truck and dont want to break her in half.If I wanted a race car I would have bought an F body.. I do however want my truck to run smooth, sound good, pull a trailer and 6 bikes up the mountain at 80 and still get good gas mileage..

I also agree on the60e not being the greatest transmission. I would deffinatly prefer the 80e. Thats probly my next find. Im lookin all the time for wrecked 2500's