Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Keyless Entry Remote

Old 04-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Default Keyless Entry Remote

I just purchased a 2005 LS Silverado crew cab and it did not come with a Keyless Entry Remote.

I don't know for sure if it ever had one but I kind of believe it did.

I have seen where you can go and purchase one on-line and they will supply the programming instructions.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this ?

Thanks

Old 04-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Default RE: Keyless Entry Remote

if you want,give me your e-mail and vin and i'll run your vin and see if it came with keyless....the pm system here can not hold enough characters for the vin report,i'll have to email it

Old 04-16-2008, 10:36 AM

What is the proper way to program a remote I tried the holding down the unlock button and turn the key 3 times the truck cycled. While holding the remote I pressed the lock than unlock than lock and unlock again but nothing happened..

Old 04-16-2008, 10:55 AM

itdepends on the year...this for your 03?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:55 AM

Yeah it is for my 2003

Old 04-17-2008, 06:23 PM

Important:All transmitters which are to be recognized by the PDM must be programmed in a single programming sequence. When using this program method, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. The order in which the transmitters are programmed will determine its numbering position within the PDM memory. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter#1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter#2. The number stamped on the transmitter case is for reference only;#2 can be programmed as#1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available.

[ol]Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation. [/ol]

Old 04-17-2008, 09:42 PM

would this be the same for a 04' monte carlo?? the remote just stopped working and put new batteries in it and still nothing.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:45 PM

Thanks Argon I will try this over the weekend.. I will let you know how I make out

Old 04-18-2008, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: theduck007

would this be the same for a 04' monte carlo?? the remote just stopped working and put new batteries in it and still nothing.
a monte carlo MUST use a scan tool to learn a new remote...but...

try this...go to the car...get a remote...hold BOTH the lock and unlock buttons down at the same time for maybe 10 seconds and see if she'll fly.

that does not re-program,but it re-synchs the remotes

Old 11-12-2010, 07:23 PM

I am having problems with my keyless entry also. I have replaced the batteries in the remotes, verified that a signal is being sent from the remotes, and have tried reprogramming them. On the final step when you press and hold the unlock and lock buttons on the remote for 15 seconds nothing happens. Any ideas? I am assuming there is a problem at the truck where it recieves the signal from the remotes, is there a way to test this?