Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Never overlook the maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator
Default Never overlook the maintenance

I feel stupid even putting this on here, but oh well. I have in a few threads preached about how money invested in maintenance alot of times gets better results than all these add-on's. Well I bought a new driver for myself about a month or so ago. Supposedly it had been recently serviced and it ran decent so I never even really worried about it. I wasn't thrilled with the towing aspect of it, but it has gotten the job done. Anyway, yesterday I was off and decided to go out and give the truck a good once over like I should have the day after I bought it. I pulled a plug out and YUCK were they old looking. The plug wires were so worn that all but 3 broke trying to get them off the plugs. So I put a new set of plugs, wires, fuel filter, and even though I have plans for a CAI stuck a new Fram in there for now. The truck runs WAY smoother, throttle reponse is right there, and it pulls up the hills like nothing now. I haven't towed with it yet so when I say pulls it was just its own weight, but I'm looking forward to this weekend when the boat will be behind it. So moral of the story - Shame on me for waiting a month to look at my truck closer. Don't be Stupid!!!! Invest in maintenance first then some power adders!!!!!

Old 07-28-2009, 07:02 PM
TruckForum Addict

Yeah Shame on you... lol but a good reminder and lesson.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:59 PM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator

IT HAPPENS TO THE BEST OF US!!!!!!! I have done it too.