Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Predator installed and modified.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Default Predator installed and modified.......

Ok I FINALLY got my predator in the mail last night. I followed the directions and the tips the guys gave me at Diablosport. I used the 87 tune and modified the parameters so the TQM abuse mode and timeout were turned off but I kept the TQ reduction and reduced it by 5%. I then shortened the shift times and modified MPH up/downshifts, RPM up/downshifts and increased tranny line pressure by 5% in general and another 5% at WOT. Let her warm up, pulled out onto the main drag with the same pedal I always give it and CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRP up the street I went. It really livened up this truck! I mean the 87 tune is no more than that of the 87 hypertech tune, but when you reduce the TQM effect it really comes alive. I wasted a quarter of a tank lastnight just cruzing all over the neighborhood, lol. It drives like an actual truck, pulling hills better, and ****ing only when it needs too. I noticed the rpms stayed low ( it hovered between 1 and 2K never going over 2K unless I leaned on the gas ) most of the time I was driving. I'm very happy. I think exhaust in the summer and I'll be done. (YEAH RIGHT!) But I DO know that smackin the pedal alot and smokin the tires will kill the driveline so I have to behave.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Default RE: Predator installed and modified.......

I am jealous....If I get one I know who to ask to tips.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 AM

yep... gotta get me one of those

Old 12-03-2007, 08:24 AM

Two things about using this Predator:

1. Like what was said about TQM in another post: "With great power comes great responsibility" (Smoke? or Cracker?) I know that having the TQM reduced I can wear the tranny out quick if I push it too much.

2. You really have to carry this Predator in the truck with you until you get things tuned right. I had to adjust the shifting options a few more times to prevent low rpm "clunk" when shifting. So far so good.

Have no idea about gas mileage yet but when I do you guys will be the first to know.