Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about new '08

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Default RE: Questions about new '08

Some people like the custom look and some like the bolt on look, reguardless at least they like the fact of getting more out of there vehicle that the average joe. give this guy a break. he is just trying to learn, not get opinions thrown down his throught! I thought this site was to help people not to critisize there decitions? Just my opinion. Eyemitalian do as you wish. I have a custom exhuast and love it, I have heard gibson's and they sound fine. The one thing that I would like to warn you about is that Chevy trucks have a tendency to be queiter than others. So if you are looking for it to be loud, consider going straight or something similare. Good luck. Personally, I like the sound of Borla exhaust systems.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:45 AM

I'd have to agree with gpet6669. I had one FLowmaster 40 setup on my 91' purchased from Summit, then I got a custom made exhast with a cherry bomb. They both sounded different, but still sounded good. Its all about what you want and what you want to spend. Personally I like the more efficient custom jobs, but I'd love to have stainless too as I only get about two years out of a custom exhaust (PA road salt). And all the newer engines are VERY quiet, but you can still make them bark.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:55 PM
TruckForum Addict

Hey if you wanna spend more money than you need toplus doing the work yourselfbe my guest. I'm all for a good laugh at the end of the day.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:15 PM

i dont know, it probably does look nice to have all your stuff put together real nicely instead of welded... my welds look pretty sloppy... its all personal preference...

Old 01-20-2008, 12:56 AM

Hey gpett6669,jcbs12, and all others that graciously replied to my thread, I appreciate everything you've said and I thank you. BUT HOLY CHRIST 72charger, get off your 1007 posts (as of typing) and that horse with a stick upyour a$$ and rejoin the crowd that maybe....just maybe might be lookin for some advice and convoother than havingyou tell us yours is THE BEST!!!!After all, isn't that what forums are for.....to encourage??????? Big fricking deal. If I wanted to make mine sound like yours or 1,000 times better, I'd have no problem money wise and would care less if I dropped an extra dime.But I have 4 kids to take to Disney World.SoI'm after a do it yourself project. So stop with the I saved this and that Crap!!!!! That was not my initial question on how to save this or that. You're prolly a 16 year old punk thinking that what you are doing is real life. And having your not stay at home father who thinks he is making up for lost time by buying everything you wantis what you want????? You'll eventually learn. And if your an old fart, than maybe you'll never learn and I'm sorry for that. I hate to be a newby and slam someone....BUT you are more than worthy with the replies I've seen to my initial easy question.

To all others on this forum, please tell me if I'm doing something wrong by responding to a 1,000 post troll who's probably got lots O friends on here but if they are like 72 charger, I'm out before I can even enjoy a good conversation!!!!!

Ciao

Old 01-20-2008, 01:26 AM

I was just reading my last post and realized I'm doing exactly what I hate about forums, ripping into people. Usually I just ignore em. So with out further ahhhhhh.... doooooo, I'm still gonna have some questions about DIY stuff with my new truck and hope all will help me out if I'm not banned from my previous, but still heartfelt post!

Ciao

Old 01-20-2008, 09:35 AM
TruckForum Addict

Your fine post away. Good luck on your exhaust and let use no what you end up with. I just went with a exhaust shop and got single in dual out the back flowmaster 40. Paid about $280. But mine is a 5.3 so not sure how your 4.3 would sound. Again good luck.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:58 AM

Hunt is right, you are in good shape. Hang out around here as there is alot of good info.