Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

still having the problem....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:46 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: still having the problem....

Well it's not the fuel pressure regulator. It was recommended that I replace that when this first started happening and I replaced it with a BorgWarner fuel pressure regulator from O'reilly's and it had the same problem. I immediately noticed a bit more throttle response after doing swapping it but it started having the same problem like a week later and has been ever since. I guess it's possible the one I got is a piece of junk and messed up already but I don't know.

Also, the exhaust exits out of the side so I can see it when it smokes/steams. It never smokes or spits or anything like that. The only time I ever see anything is when it's cold outside and the truck is warm(typical). I'll still try having someone else start it the next time I have a chance for it to have the problem and see if I smell anything.

What are the chances the fuel pressure regulator went bad again and that is what is wrong? I talked to some guys at the local Chevrolet dealership and they said that problem was only on the 99-02 Chevy pickups but by 03 they had fixed the problem. Thoughts? Any help or input is appreciated.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:22 PM

damn, and here i thought id gotten some recognitiuon and help out a fellow chevy owner

Old 02-23-2008, 10:28 PM

Well good try anyway Motoguy LOL

Old 02-24-2008, 08:37 AM
TruckForum Addict

Forgot to mention I also ran a full can of Seafoam and a thing of Heet in it on my last fill up as well.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:38 AM
TruckForum Addict

What are the chances the Borg Warner fuel pressure regulator just sucks and crapped out already after only a week of being installed?

Old 02-24-2008, 09:39 AM

Maybe!!

Old 02-24-2008, 11:09 AM

A friend had a similar problem. He thought it was bad gas, then fuel line, then gas filter, then starter. He had great difficulty starting even after a few minutes of running for an hour or so. His solution was in the ignition switch. He changed it and no more starting problems. Your problem sounds a little different, but who knows!

Old 02-24-2008, 07:05 PM
TruckForum Addict

Well I ordered a new fuel pressure regulator today and I'm gonna swap it out tomorrow and see how that works out. I've been noticeing over the past couple days that my throttle response really sucks as of late and when I swapped fuel pressure regulators the first time it restored quite a bit of throttle response. So I'll see how it goes and let ya'll know what happens.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:36 PM

Would a bad fuel pressure regulator cause a check engine light to come on or not?

Old 02-25-2008, 02:38 PM

charger does it only do this after its been running ie hot starts?

Quick Reply: still having the problem....