Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

still having the problem....

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:16 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: still having the problem....

It only does it after running say 20-30 minutes straight then parking for an hour or two.

I changed the fuel pressure regulator and immediately noticed quite a gain in throttle response. I'm hoping that was it. By the way is there some kinda break-in thing or procedure after installing it? I just installed it and went booking it up and down the highway for a few minutes to see if it was running different. Definately noticed a difference but not sure if doing this right after installing it will cause it to go bad prematurely or something.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:29 PM

no theres no break in. but some of those borg warner parts are actually worse then delco. is the price of a delco regulator too high? because i would look into a delco regulator.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:44 PM
TruckForum Addict

Well after replacing the fuel pressure regulator(again) about 2 weeks ago, I've experienced the problem about 3 times again. I just don't know what else to do now. I can't afford to take it to the dealership for them to just tell me the fuel pump has a bug in it. I don't know what else to do though.... (Is this the part where I get told "sucks to be you/take it to a shop"?)

Old 03-12-2008, 10:41 AM

Kinda sucks to be you in that truck, you may love the truck. But they are all trowaways nowadays. Everybody is thinking it, I am just the one saying it. If you cannot find the problem and it is not throwing a code the shops are going to take a lot of time and money to find it, if they do find it. I would say if you can try and get it on a lemmon law thing. If it is too old for that, sell it out right and buy another used truck. That is if the problem is bugging you that much. Good luck, and don't put more money into the truck that you may not get out of it!

Old 03-12-2008, 01:51 PM

Are you kidding thats more like a challenge get rid of the truck no way man try some other forums somebody has to know whats going on with that thing dont you have a programmer maybe its something in the program try to get a fuel pressure gage and mount it were you can keep a eye on it but dont get rid of it you love that truck and try some other forums like these the bottom one gmfullsize is real cool I spend allot of time there. good luck bud and keep youre head up you find the prob.

http://www.ls1truck.com/
http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/index.php
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/index.php

Old 03-12-2008, 02:16 PM

Hey I was just giving some options!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:46 PM
TruckForum Addict

I'll try some more forums man. Thanks for opinions guys. I love the truck to death but quite frankly with gas the way it is here I'm on the verge of parking it until I can sell it. It would be nice to fix that problem before I sell it so that it isn't a hinderence on selling it but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. I have actually been putting serious thought into selling my Supra once I get the top end of the motor rebuilt and buying a bike to commute around on. I know there dangerous but 40+ mpg is me ALL DAY LONG!!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:25 AM

I also have a bike that I can commute on, they are great if the weather stays nice. Other than right now my back is fricking killing me, I am sapposed to get cortizone shots and steriods injected soon. Then maybe I can ride the bike again.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:07 AM
TruckForum Addict

Sheesh, that sucks man. Good luck with that.

I imagine it's gonna be rough for me to find a bike I can be comfortable on for extended times cause I'm 6',2" and most of that is in my legs. Just don't know yet.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:43 AM

get a bigger cruiser. Then make sure that you get some highway pegs on it. That will allow you to streach out and relax, also the cruiser you can put saddle bags on and use it to commute with some smaller items with out having to wear a backpack like you would have to with a crotch rocket. I have owned both and currenty own a Boulavard C50(cruiser). Well look for what you want then try and buy a new bike just becouse you don't know how the previous person road, or if they dropped it.

Quick Reply: still having the problem....