Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

want to get out of a ticket?

Old 04-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Default want to get out of a ticket?

Here it is in all it's glory. I have been asked this question a lot. How to get out of a ticket.

1. When you get pulled over, stop immediately. Signal to turn off. pull your truck off the road enough to give the cop a safe buffer from the road. If you cannot find a safe place or do not feel comfortable stopping in that area, put on you flashers and drive slowly till you find a better spot. if that takes more than 30 seconds to occur call 911 and tell them what you are doing so you don't fall victim to spike strips and elbow strikes!
This may **** them off initially but your response is, I was trying to find a safe spot for you.
2. turn off your truck. turn on the interior lights at night.
3. put both hands on top of the steering wheel where they can see them and don't move until he tells you to.
4. Do you know how fst you were going? is a loaded question. answer truthfully. This is important! it is annoying when I know you were 20 over and you tell me you were 10 over. here is the best answer. Yes sir, I was going too fast and I am sorry! don't offer more than that. Excuses are like ********, everybody has one. They cannot argue if you don't offer it to them. that simple statement shows them respect and lets them feel superior at the same time.
5. Make eye contact when talking to them again, respect.
6. if you see that the stop is going well for you, make small talk. Stroke their ego by talking about their cop cars and how fast they must be. Most cops have the fastest cars etc. most of us are gear heads too.
7. offer a hand shake if you don't get a ticket. Also tell them you appreciate them as well.

DO NOT ask this question, what seems to be the problem officer? That is an automatic ticket from me. so is a female crying, attitude, and asking for a warning.

if you are getting a ticket, keep your mouth shut as there is a huge book on traffic laws and they can usually find more things to write you up for.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Default RE: want to get out of a ticket?

Damn popo, I just asked for a little help, why do you have to bend me over as well? HAHA!

Old 04-27-2007, 12:33 AM
TruckForum Addict

Sounds great or you could just not speed kinda like me. No really thanks for the info popo. I guess you enjoy being a cop?

Old 04-27-2007, 01:59 AM

I learned when I was 16 that honesty is the best way to go. Don't be a puss with the cops, but don't push them. Be confident and be yourself because they are people too..... But there are times when you're screwed no matter what. I don't know if you have these popo, but I've run into 'quota counties' where each officer has to write a certain number of tickets per week/month and if they're short on their quota and it's the end of the month, sorry bro, you're gettin it no matter what. Sometimes they'll drop it to a lesser violation, but you're still gettin it.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:04 AM

Popo, how do most civilian cops view racing? Not excessive speed but say stop light to stop light drag racing. How do you handle it?

Old 04-27-2007, 06:21 AM
TruckForum Addict

I know here they tell us to bust some ***, but when I'm out there andI see it, well unless it's a ricer, it won't make it in the blotter... Never bust a cop.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:44 AM

last june me and my friend were stealing thoes wooden palets that you pack stuff on with his quad we were putting them in a small cart we made and towing them upp our atv path and throwing them in a mud hole so we could get across when we were done we went back thru our town for a ride and got busted by the cops for being on the road........ the cop said to me that's a verry stupid place to be...... i was in the cart haha

Old 04-27-2007, 12:55 PM

Just trying to help you out of a ticket guys, It really does work. As far as street racing,I have a strict no ricer policy. We have a whole team that goes out and deals with the ricer crowd and the domestic crowd. In gainesville we have a very large street racing community and not surprisingly it is the ricers that cause most of the problems so they break it off in them. With all that body kit and wings you would think they would be able to just fly away and not get caught.

Most of our cops race at our local drag strip. We also have a program called beat the heat where you can race on wed and sat against the Sheriff's mustang. It is fully marked and runs high 10's. pure race car in cops clothing. If you beat it you get a shirt and bragging rights.

Light to light racing has been runined by the ricers! we have a lot of places they still do it but they rotate around to not get busted.
I usually will stop the cars and chew their *** for a while but if they are punk *** kids I call mommy and daddy and make them come get them. that usually gets the point across. I only arrested one kid for street racing. he was in a nice vette but he was 17 and decided that it was a good idea to run his gator (mouth). He told me to **** off and that I should go get a doughnut. after I scraped him off the pavement he seemed to calm down. The best part was towing his lowered vette. Although it broke my Chevy heart, the sparks flying off his car gave me a smile.

Ahhh the good ole days......

Now I am a school cop so I don't do too much on the streets. You almost have to hit me for me to stop you. If your in town, hit me up and we'll hit the track $20 for 3 passes 1/4 mile track. The Gainesville raceway is one of the most famous in the country.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:47 PM

so your saying that if I say...

"Gee officer,I thought you had to be in half-*** decent shape to be a cop" would be a bad thing??

Old 04-27-2007, 05:10 PM

Yeah, kinda like," hold my beer while I get my license for ya."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: want to get out of a ticket?