Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

want to get out of a ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Default RE: want to get out of a ticket?

congrats dude! see we are not all d@#ks

Old 05-08-2007, 07:15 PM

popo - Would it be a bad idea if I pulled over and then started revving my motor as soon as the cop stepped out of his cruiser??

In all actuality, last time I was pulled over (I believe I was 17, so almost 7 years!) I pulled well off the road to give the officer enough room. Shut off the engine, turned on the dome light (just like you stated). Then I stuck my hands out the window (so he could see them as he approached) since the window was already down. When he got up to my window, I slowly put my hands back on the wheel.
"How's it going, sir?"
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"Well, to be completely honest I was speeding, but I'm not sure how fast I was going."
"May I see your license, registration and insurance?"
"Yes sir. License is in my wallet in my back right pocket." Slow and deliberate movement of my hand to my wallet. Pulled the wallet out, held it about chest high and retrieved my license. "My registration and insurance card are in my glove-box." Same slow and deliberate movement (using right hand) and got my registration and insurance.

I don't recall the rest, but he ended up letting me go with a verbal warning. (Found out I was going about 48 in a 35).

Old 05-08-2007, 07:43 PM

I got pulled over today and did every thing popo said but it turns out it doesn't matter how polite and respectful you are when they get you for 115 in a 65, after he gave me the ticket since he was going to anyway I told him I was slowing down. He did not think it was funny but did ask how I got it to go that fast, oh well.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:55 PM
TruckForum Addict

What was the speed he annotated on the ticket?

Old 05-08-2007, 10:42 PM

Dude, that will get you 30 days minimum here. more than 30 over and straight to jail. When I was in college in NC, 2 guys were back road racing and went to jail for 20 over. Evidently in that county 15 over with out of state liscence gets you 30 in jail as well. Those guys had to drop out of college that semester when they got out.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:46 AM

Smoke, you are exactly right my friend! In SC, 15 over is considered reckless driving and they have the authority to apprehend the offender. Hemikiller, you were very luck brother! You need to leave those little ricers alone and stop speeding...

Old 05-09-2007, 03:56 PM

lol!!! 115mph but I "was" slowing down

Yeah here it is arrest on discrection but 30 + is an automatic court appearance. I only arrested one chick for reckless 95 in a 35 downtown.

These "tactics" only work some of the time though. Every once in a while you get the dic#bag that will write his own mother up.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: popo

Every once in a while you get the dic#bag that will write his own mother up.
No arguments their...

Old 05-09-2007, 04:52 PM

Yes I could have gone to jail so the tips did help, I am generally pretty polite to law enforcement I know they have a tough job and having someone wake them up by making their radar go crazy like I did is pretty rude. He wrote the ticket for 115 but he did let me drive off and was not an a$$ in any way so other than the $560 I have to pay not all that bad but "don't do the crime if you cant do the time" or pay the ticket I guess, it was a long stretch with ALMOST nobody else around so I was not putting anyone in danger other than myself, he did say he would not have been able to catch me other than by radio because his Explorer would not be able to keep up.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: HemiKiller

he did say he would not have been able to catch me other than by radio because his Explorer would not be able to keep up.
Now that is funny!! Poor little Ford...

Quick Reply: want to get out of a ticket?